Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey 1st post. just bought an 00 eclipse gs worked perfect for a few days and now many things arent working. windows, AC/blower, guage lights, sunroof, taillight, those reading lights on the rear view mirror, clock, and maybe one or two other things but i think thats all. i was having a problem before with the guages/right taillight fuse blowing every like 15 minutes. what i thought the problem was is the new head unit i just installed. but i checked it over and it looks good and is grounded. what is wierd is at first when i installed the head unit it worked fine for a few days, then a fuse blew every fifteen minutes for a few days, then a few days later when i would replace the fuse it would just blow instantly, now all these electrical problems. im sure it has to do with my head unit. but can moving a H/U from one car to another mess something up on it because it worked fine for like 6 monthes in my old car? also could the ground wire be messed up or something? and i checked the fuses in both the hood and on the side and they all look fine. im not great with electrical but if anyone could help me out with this that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tried and still nothing works. last night everything worked except for the guages/right tail light fuse would fry instantly. this morning i wake up and nothing works. only the cig lighter works. also head lights and tails dont work lol.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
tried and still nothing works. last night everything worked except for the guages/right tail light fuse would fry instantly. this morning i wake up and nothing works. only the cig lighter works. also head lights and tails dont work lol.
You shorted the illumination circuit. Start looking where you tied it into your new HU.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
You're looking for a loose end or a wire with insulation rubbed off one side touching the frame (grounded). Start with the one that lights up the stereo. It's the most likely culprit.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
After you get the short fixed and you replace the one fuse that keeps blowing, start naming the other components that are inoperative and I can tell you which fuses/fusible links to check.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i went to a car audio shop and they looked and said theres some internal wiring problems and i have to go to a more specialized place and and they should be able to fix it. it might be caused by the police spot light and radar scanner and other crap like that which was installed in the car by the previous owner. no idea why they would do that on an eclipse.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
ok but will this also make the windows/ sunroof stop working? like i said, im not real good with this kind of stuff.
There is a fuse in the engine fuse compartment that controls sunroof and door locks, and probably windows. I blew it when I was installing my headunit from a wire that shorted. It's one of the two fuses that are in the yellow rectangle.
By the way, if you are checking fuses just by looking at them, then you are probably missing ones that are blown. Go buy a fuse tester.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why in the hell would someone put a spot light in any car? u should just take that out and disconnect the wiring for it.
yea that was the first thing i did but now there is a gay looking metal thing near the driver side mirror because of where the light was. i took it off but theres a big hole so i have to keep it on and theres also a metal tube which goes all the way through and comes out near the tweeter and it makes an annoying whistle everytime i go 30+ mph. probably wont be able to fix that for a while. lol its almost like they used an eclipse for a cop car with the light and a police scanner and also there was something mounted right in front of the clock but i dont know for sure what it was.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There is a fuse in the engine fuse compartment that controls sunroof and door locks, and probably windows. I blew it when I was installing my headunit from a wire that shorted. It's one of the two fuses that are in the yellow rectangle.
By the way, if you are checking fuses just by looking at them, then you are probably missing ones that are blown. Go buy a fuse tester.
yea im gonna borrow one from my friend.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts