Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have seen the inside of your engine, just wondering how things looked when you got it open. Out of all the engines I've rebuilt over the years, I was shocked when I changed my plugs a few days ago. Cylinders 1 & 2 had a slight yellowish look (probably just a touch of varnish)...cylinders 3 & 4 had the same but just a tiny bit darker...I was able to read the number (or whatever it was) stamped on top of the piston as if they were brand new. I've never seen an engine with this many miles on it where the pistons looked that good (no carbon build up at all)...it has about 96K miles. It kind of makes me wonder if the engine had any work done to it in the past...:scratch:

Have you guys noticed the same thing, or did I just get lucky? Like I said, I've never seen an engine with almost 100K miles without any carbon build up on it at all...and the old plugs had the signs of a perfect running engine...I was very impressed to say the least...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like a great engine to boost:)
Not yet...I have to find a new job before I can start looking into anything along those lines...that, and the wife and I want to be in a house first...but yeah, I may not get another engine to build and swap in...I may just rebuild this one...but a little N2O might be nice in the near future...:scratch: :ndance:

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Wow, that good? Makes me wanna check out the inside of mine.

Not yet...I have to find a new job before I can start looking into anything along those lines...that, and the wife and I want to be in a house first...but yeah, I may not get another engine to build and swap in...I may just rebuild this one...but a little N2O might be nice in the near future...:scratch: :ndance:
My thoughts exactly... N2O ftw.
cost efficient and a nice bit of boost to get you moving :]

But now I wonder what the prices you pay for the upkeep? to fill it and whatnot? hrm :scratch:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts