Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I used the search function but to no avail. I bought a new used top but I’m not sure where to start with the install. It also has the old motor on it and I would like to remove that before installing. Any help is appreciated, Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
There's a walkthough here on club3g: How To: Change the Convertible Top & Headliner

I think it's a pretty involved job and you might look at how much to have it done professionally. I think it's like sheet rocking a room. Most any DIYer can hang drywall, and tape and mud. But there's a lot of technique involved to make it look really good when you're done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a walkthough here on club3g: How To: Change the Convertible Top & Headliner

I think it's a pretty involved job and you might look at how much to have it done professionally. I think it's like sheet rocking a room. Most any DIYer can hang drywall, and tape and mud. But there's a lot of technique involved to make it look really good when you're done.
I have the whole assembly not just the roof and liner.

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
571 Posts
I would advise you to have this done professionally ... I do not believe there is a step-by-step guide that will help you. If you believe you can do this on your own, I wish you all the luck.
#1... Remove rear seat
#2... Remove rear side panels . Not sure if you will need to remove the speakers
#3... Lift the boot well cover and remove the bolts holding the rear end of the top. This is where the top meets the body line.
#4... You should now see where the top lifting arms bolt to the body. Remove any hardware and electrical connections
#5... Have someone help you lift the top from the car.
#6... Install new top in the reverse order ....
#7... If you made it this far, give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.
If you do decide you can tackle this job maybe you could take the time and get pictures and do a write-up on the steps you took
Best of luck.........................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts