Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
finally BOOSTED
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up you guys! well this question is mainly directed at those of your with FI...

how loud is your car?

when i got mine back i noticed it was probably twice as loud as when i sent it in. when idleing it sounds like a jet crusing around on the airfield. the exhaust screams "give me a ticket" ...

is everyones car who has either turbo or SDS runnin their car with this same kind of noise?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I got to see and hear Clipse3GT's car tonight in Cleveland (stage 2.5 RIPP). It's loud, but it really didn't seem that much louder than just my GT with shorty headers and catback, unless you're hearing the "blow-off" valve (following him, I didn't hear his car over my own, of course mine's loud enough inside it). I didn't realize that the RIPP blow-off valve was as loud as it was, at least just revving the engine up while parked. But I dunno, that probably depends on which headers and catback you're actually using.

·
Registered
190 Posts
not sure how it sounds outside the car but from inside the cabin it sounds sweet, you can hear the turbo spool but then comes the wastegate and all hell breaks loose!

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Ive experienced both the sds and turbo. The supercharger is EXTREMELY loud and sets off car alarms within a 30ft radius. It got to the point where i cursed how loud my car was and got a headache in the cabin with long distance driving. :scream:

The turbo is nearly as quiet as a stock setup even without a catalytic converter. Gotta love that sweet spool up sound and recirculated waste gate :bigthumb:

·
Registered
642 Posts
My car w/sds was really loud with RIPP headers w/cats, 16" resonator, 3" mandrel bent catback and 3" apex'i muffler. Now that I got rid of the cats and have a 32" resonator the car sound nice, mean and quiet. On a side note: my wife doesn't hear me down the street when I get home now, all she hears is the sds whine when I pull up to the driveway lol

·
finally BOOSTED
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm... is there any way to eliminate the whine. i cant sneek up on anyone with that kind of noise.

what kind of exhaust are you runnin ryu?

·
finally BOOSTED
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how many people from florida ARE boosted! seems like all of you!

·
Registered
190 Posts
WEASELFURY said:
how many people from florida ARE boosted! seems like all of you!
Kinda funny really, of all the "active" members here in Orlando I would say most are boosted. Also we have many others in Jacksonville, Daytona, Tampa and S.FL

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts
can you guys please get some sound clips of your cars so I can determine which way I want to go? I would really appreciate it. There is not many sound clips on this site, there should be lots more with all the boosted people we have.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts