Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was wondering if anyone around here knew about how many Db's two 12'' Alpine Type R's (07's), dual slot ported box, and powered by a pdx 1000 produce in a 00 3g. Also, I've dynamat in the trunk, doors, quarter panels, and under the back seats (only the front floor isn't done). I planned on going to sum local competitions and was curious what kinda numbers this system puts up.

p.s. personally, its loud as shit :twothumb:

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
:lol: You do realize this all depends on box dimensions, material, etc. There is no magical number.

Anyhow, for the setup you see in my signature, those are two 10" that are built within an enclosure molded around the spare tire well and the fiberglass panels (painted) are separate to overlay over the entire setup. I registered 139.5db.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
I doubt you can fit a ported and correctly tuned box with enough airspace for two 12" Type-Rs in the back of an Eclipse. But, if you plan on buying a prefab ported box, then don't plan on getting the maximum output.
And like Hijacker said, there is no way to tell ahead of time. There are too many factors.

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Get a db meter, simple as that. Most audio shops should have one you can use. I have 2 Type R 12's and two audiobahn 8000t amps. Shit kicks like all hell, in fact it makes me sick after a few minutes with them cranked.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybee i worded this weird but i already purchased and installed them, and it fits but barely LOLOL Anyway the box is 32(L) by 19(W). Also, the box was made by an audio shop in town and is very nice cost bout 150 or 200 i dont remember for sure

·
Car Audio Mod #3
2,617 Posts
The dB level also depends on which meter is being used, how accurate it is, where it is being placed in the car, if the car is sealed or doors open, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts