Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting the classic oil cap leakage since im boosted.. i want to install the evo 9 pcv valve.. do i need one from the front going to the back and then one coming from the back to the breather? and can they both be the same evo pcv valve? havent seen this being adressed anywhere.. all i found was that you can use the evo pcv valve.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Because more are better yo!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bought the evo 9 pcv valve.. its weird cuz when i blow in it it blows both ways.. one side has more resistance than the other but still i thought it wasnt supposed to leak at all?

I bought some fittings at home depot so i could use my pcv valve inline..

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
evo 9 pcv valve is only 4.99 at autozone as well... dunno why everyone buys it at the dealer for like 30 :dunno:

·
Ripp'd 3.5L
1,104 Posts
evo 9 pcv valve is only 4.99 at autozone as well... dunno why everyone buys it at the dealer for like 30 :dunno:
its alot easier and cheaper to use a brake booster check valve...its what I used.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i heard it mentioned but i couldnt find a thread that goes into detail on which one or anything.. and no one ever responds to threads anymore.. do both sides have the slip on fittings?.. heres the finished product of mine.. hopefully it works

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
wow i just took it around town.. like a 7 mile circle hitting the freeway for a bit and was boosting, driving it hard etc.. by the time i get off the freeway i see a cloud of embarassing smoke coming out under my hood usually.. this time didnt happen... drove it hard home, got in the garage, turned off the car, poped the hood and no smoke.. im so amazed such a cheap little piece was causing all my problems lol.. worst of all it would drip on my starter and has made made it short out 2 times already.. cool thing about it is my BOV sounds more "emphasized" as well :D

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
It's not just the look. Your setup will eventually leak. Sroufe's won't.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how will mine eventually leak.. its pretty tight from everywhere... also checked for leaks while reving. I doubt theres any proven science between either one since both are improvised

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Your pcv will pop out of the grommet under boost. Revving doesn't do shit. You must be under load.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so what PSI can my stock gromet handle compared to the toyota hand trimmed gromet he used? those zip ties look very secure as well

i boosted at 8psi so far and nothing has poped out

1 - 19 of 19 Posts