Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drive a 2003 eclipse GTS and the other day I was going to work. So I was driving through town and I took a left turn going roughly about 15 mph. When I took that turn I had hit a patch of ice which made me slide on the gravel on the road, that locked up my brakes, and there was ice on the curb which acted like a ramp so I ramped up onto a curb and slid on the ice on the grass and was eventually stopped by a tree. I hit the tree going about 5 - 10 mph on the passenger side of the vehicle. The hood is bent up, the bumper is ruined, and the right side of the radiator is bent up and so is the headlight. How much do you guys think it would cost to fix it? and do you think insurance will total it? I'm not a mechanic or anything so I have no clue. I apologize for the bad image quality, I didn't have a good camera handy and I appreciate your feedback.

·
Fuck salt.
5,170 Posts
Looks like just the bumper but I can't tell. A bumper is like $30-80. Paint is like $150-$250

·
Registered
547 Posts
from the pics you posted its kind of hard to tell if there is really any sub frame damage. but it doesnt look bad at all. it would not get totaled out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
from the pics you posted its kind of hard to tell if there is really any sub frame damage. but it doesn't look bad at all. it would not get totaled out.
The radiator fan on the passenger side doesn't spin and it looks like its pushed a little into the starter

·
54,331 Posts
The ice didn't make you do anything, it was just there. Be more cautious in the future around corners in freezing or near freezing conditions, what if children had been playing in the yard?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ice didn't make you do anything, it was just there. Be more cautious in the future around corners in freezing or near freezing conditions, what if children had been playing in the yard?
True, luckily there wasn't. I'm defiantly going to be more careful.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Glad everyone was ok!

Depends on everything damaged that u cant see, doubt they would total.
Check my For Sale threads...I can help u out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Being careful wont protect you from black Ice that's nearly impossible to see and avoid once you get on it there's no getting out of it. It doesn't look that bad really just buy a bumper yourself and put it on it'll be so much cheaper and is so easy to do. If the fan is stuck try hammering it out as long as your frame isn't damaged should be a very easy fix

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts