Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
54,471 Posts
i may be late to the party, but 1. paint stripper will not hurt chrome on the wheel 2. you don't need to clear a chrome wheel 3. paint stripper can damage/soften/remove powder coating depending on the chemicals used.

·
passport applied for
2,437 Posts
thanks bud! my boy painted his white wheels black and now wants to remove it. i told him he would have to have them blasted and then powder coated,or he could go cheap ass and paint them again!!
ps. my f-ing cat is almost healed up! gonna make her my avatar with the conehead on!

·
2011's are gay
4,791 Posts

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
ok, i didn't realize they were chrome, my bad. but washing causic chemicals into your yard is stupid.

oh, and bitter: paint stripper CAN damage chrome. i did it before... accidentally.

·
passport applied for
2,437 Posts
thanks, we have a real good guy,davespowdercoating,just down the road and his work is very good. he qoted $50 a wheel to strip and coat white, is that a good deal?
we have to remove the tires.thanks anyway

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
Wheels McFly..Wheels! You sound like a damn fool when you say it wrong! :takethis:

·
Flip! What the zip?!
1,179 Posts
Hey, on that first completed wheel/tire... You have a weak sidewall...that thing could blow. Just a heads up...that's what bubble is.

·
Arabs drive fast too
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hey, on that first completed wheel/tire... You have a weak sidewall...that thing could blow. Just a heads up...that's what bubble is.
Thanks for the warning man I'm going to ride it out. I get my tires for a $30 a piece from this wear house here in Charlotte so I'm not complaining.:)

·
Low and Slow.
1,860 Posts
Any chance this would work on a 2G Stratus? I mean like the true 2G version (2002.)
This will only work on one specific wheel. 2003-2005 Dodge Stratus COUPE wheels with Chrome faces. If it worked for other wheels I would have posted it.

Browse a few posts back and you will find my how to explaining the details of this mod. I know the ins and outs of this mod, because I discovered it and did research/homework about it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This will only work on one specific wheel. 2003-2005 Dodge Stratus COUPE wheels with Chrome faces. If it worked for other wheels I would have posted it.

Browse a few posts back and you will find my how to explaining the details of this mod. I know the ins and outs of this mod, because I discovered it and did research/homework about it.
Yeah, I saw the article on 2GStratus, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask anyway. I thought perhaps you didn't have a regular 2G coupe to play around with, and so maybe hadn't tried it on that.

Thanks for the insight though!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts