Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello pretty new to club3g was wondering how to make my eclipse faster
it has 94,000 miles on it GS coupe 2.4l 4 cylinder AUTO and last owner put a fart can on it lol. Anyway in nyc people in stock and modded g35s and stock bmws have been teasing me cuz they think my car is fast and then proceed to demolish me. its kind of annoying and was wondering if the 4 cylinder can reach some decent speed to at least keep up for a bit while accelerating without having to turbo it. my budget is 800 also give me brand names. is the auto just bad or should i just sell it and get the manual or get the manual v6? also what fluids would you recommend to keep it running good. thank you:lol:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
This question is asked by every new member ever for the exact same reason, they try to race people with it. The 3g is not fast unless you put thousands into it. To most, it is not worth the hassle. Unless you are a 3g enthusiast, start looking for something else that comes stock boosted.

·
54,481 Posts
Don't listen to them, take that $800 and buy an ebay turbo kit. Another $800 later you'll have a fast car for a year maybe. :lol:

No, seriously, do listen to them.

·
54,481 Posts
Nope, no way. It's a 160hp 4 cylinder without any VVT, MiVEC, Vtec, etc. It's a OHC lawnmower engine on steroids essentially and built on mid 80's technology. You can bolt on some parts and make it sound different, maybe shift the torque around a little, there's a little free power in the stock ECU tune to be found, but any significant gains require money in the thousands of dollars range. The most direct path is to slap on a turbo, but that too requires more than just a turbo and piping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts