Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im well aware that since there is no actual turbo kit except for the DDP kit, there is no one to provide the manifold which is the hardest part of a turbo kit. Im asking all boosted v6 3g owners on how they sourced their turbo manifolds?

I assume they went to a local performance shop and had it custom made, or purchased them from another boosted 3G owner.

Any information on how i would obtain one would be helpful, since there isnt really a discussion on how we can, i figured this thread would help alot of people who dont know how to go about this portion of the process.

·
Banned
2,052 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
i searched around a bit, and a few guys have said they use their "stock manifolds". can someone explain how this is done? im guessing the turbo is placed somewhere after the point where the exhaust from the frount and rear banks combine. Probably with some kind of special flange? i am totally pulling this out of nowhere. someone correct me haha

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yea problems like these are one of the reasons Tearstone should produce just the hotside piping from his old kits again if there was any way to get ahold of some examples...It would make life for alot of people so much easier who decide to boost the 6g72(or 4 for that matter). Once we had this piping one could decide whether or not to intercool, design their own coldside routes, etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
they use a y pipe and it moves the turbo over from the mani's

where is the turbo located in most of theise setups. where the stock filter used to be? or underneath the block (like where the stock exhaust routes to)

sory, im not as tecnically savvy as you guys haha

and ya, as robot said, if i could get the exhaust manifold, ive got some guys who could help me do everything else. if tearstone sold just the turbo manifold, i would snatch it up in a heartbeat, and im sure im not the only one thinking this (hint hint tearstone) haha

·
Registered
47 Posts
where is the turbo located in most of theise setups. where the stock filter used to be? or underneath the block (like where the stock exhaust routes to)

sory, im not as tecnically savvy as you guys haha

and ya, as robot said, if i could get the exhaust manifold, ive got some guys who could help me do everything else. if tearstone sold just the turbo manifold, i would snatch it up in a heartbeat, and im sure im not the only one thinking this (hint hint tearstone) haha
I think that this is actually a possibility soon, there are a few people who are actually talking about doing hot side pipes....calmeebryan said he knows a guy and is somewhat in the process of talking to him about it. Also pharmecis said something about it too so it is a possibility but no one really knows how soon....check this out http://www.club3g.com/forum/gt-gts/99204-turbo-kit.html

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this is great, im gathering alot of information from everyone, ill have to look up that DDP site more, thanks for the link. I think this pretty much solves the problem now its just a matter of piecing together the rest of the kit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
this is great, im gathering alot of information from everyone, ill have to look up that DDP site more, thanks for the link. I think this pretty much solves the problem now its just a matter of piecing together the rest of the kit.

Well from what ive heard don't get the DDP kit.....yeah you could probably score a used one off here if your patient, keep your eyes open on the for sale section Ive seen them for about $$2000.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you can weld and or have access to a welder it isn't all that hard to make a manifold yourself. You can buy what they call weld T's off of mcmastercarr and cut them bevel them and weld them. I am sure you can source the flanges from around here somewhere.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you can weld and or have access to a welder it isn't all that hard to make a manifold yourself. You can buy what they call weld T's off of mcmastercarr and cut them bevel them and weld them. I am sure you can source the flanges from around here somewhere.
Can you provide a link to some "welding T's" i would like to see what these are I've never seen them....I am very curious

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.