Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the forums do any HPDE, Road Racing or Gridlife events? I’ve been doing SCCA track nights in America (HPDE) and have been enjoying beating the hell out of my car and getting seat time. I’m planning on attending BIR proving grounds second event for the HPDE road course, and shooting for Gridlife Road America Time Attack street class next year.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,048 Posts
I did NASA HPDE events and champcar events. I want to do gridlife events but they are not close to me

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you still running the eclipse? Or you running anything different? All my friends have transitioned from high HP cars to to road race cars. How did you like NASA events I’m sure it’s kinda similar to SCCA.

this was my last time out at a hpde event

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,048 Posts
Yea im still running the eclipse. I took a break from racing to finish up my bachelors this year. My game plan is to either take a little bit more weight out of the car and get it under 2700lbs dry with the 3.0 or keep the current weight and mivec swap the car. Im trying to stay within a class and stay competitive for my region. SCCA and NASA are similar though the classing of the mods is slightly different and way you move up in HPDE is different as well.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s pretty awesome, I’m trying to stay within the street class for Gridlife Time Attack, I would need to swap the 3.8 to be somewhat competitive. Really wanna just make it somewhat reliable for the season to just get seat time and dial in suspension.

what are running for coilovers? I’ve had Ksport on for the last 7 years and prob going to get the Ksport road racing set up even though everyone goes for BCracing.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,048 Posts
Im running a inverted bc coilovers with swift springs

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww so it’s pretty much the RM series? what spring rates are you running? Lately I’ve been having a hard time getting the car to rotate. still learning to left foot brake hard into a corner,
Well having the confidence in left foot braking.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,048 Posts
Yea they are the RM series. Just from my research it seemed like the way to go without breaking the bank. I didnt have the funds for JIC or KWs. Spring rates right now are 10k and 6k I plan on ordering some more springs though because some of the track I go to can tolerate a more aggressive set up. What is your suspension set up now

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m just using the Ksport kontrol sport coilovers, I have a lot of friends that are in sales for performance parts so the price was really cheap. I want to go with KWs but the ones they offer are 2 way adjustable or 3 way adjustable which would put me in a different class for gridlife. And moving up to another class with out a motor swap I might as well just stay in HPDE cause I wouldn’t be competitive at all. I think the Ksport road race spec is running 18k springs something crazy but you can ask for other spring rates too.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,048 Posts
I would stick with what you have and make the best of them. If gridlife does more east coast events I'll be there. They did summit point in the past so I could see them doing that and VIR. That would be awesomw

1 - 10 of 10 Posts