Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lenny
657 Posts
It looks ok to me. The pipes seem to have the right bends and mounting points but if I were you I would just keep your eyes open in the for sale forum for a lightly used AEM or INJEN CAI. They can run anywhere from 70 to 100$ shipped and you know you are getting your moneys worth.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crow sorry about this being in the wrong section. I did a little looking around and it seems that the two biggest gripes about ebay intakes are the pipe size and the lack of silicone hoses. the one I'm looking at has 3 ply silicone hoses just need to find out about the pipe size the aem and injen ones are 3" is what I have said correct?

·
Lower & Slower
272 Posts
I have the HPS intake sitting in my room right now, they have the right bends and everything seems quality except for you probally will want to upgrade the filter.

As for the pipe size it does look a little smaller then the AEM intakes, but barely. I haven't compared them side by side but I've looked at a few pics of engine bays with them and can't really tell the difference.

You won't have to worry about it being a fraction of an inch smaller though unless your going to get your ECU flashed to handle higher intake.

645 Posts
better get the AEM, reason is because come with C.A.R.B # 50 states legal. you can get a ticket or can't pass smog with out C.A.R.B #. this happen to me and i had to buy another CAI.

also air filter is the best quality in the market. think about it for little more money

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
The biggest issue is the price, it looks like the ebay intake I bought for $30.:nuts:
The only difference is the silicone couplers. Silicone couplers alone are about $7-8 each and you need about 3. The ebay intake, atleast a good quality one is around 50 and doesnt come with silicone couplers. Honestly its either you buy the HPS kit for around $100 and get a replacement good quality filter or you buy a ebay kit for $50, buy couplers for around $21-24 and buy a replacvement filter. Or you could just buy a AEM and know your getting everything quality for around $70-100 and not have to replace anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts