Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to take a chance and buy an ebay intake and I have to say overall i'm very happy. T-304(or something like that)aluminum piping,3 ply silicone hoses, clamps,MAF sensor adaptar mount thingamajig. Very easy to install. This has three draw backs though. The piping is not 3" but 2 3/4" and does not have the little bypass valve thing which to me were not very big deals but what was a real pain in the ass was the coupler on the top side of the MAF sensor mount. You will need an extra set of hands to get it on because it is slightly too small. otherwise install straight forward and very easy. I'd give it like an 8/10 because of the smaller piping and the PITA coupler

·
Registered
146 Posts
Good-Im glad people are using ebay with success. Now I'm just warning you that somebody might yell at you because a review of this intake already exists; and T-304 is stainless steel, not aluminum(fyi).
Nice write-up.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whoops thanks for correcting me on the metal. Also I will confess I didn't do much digging for the existance of another write up I apologize

·
Lower & Slower
272 Posts
What little bypass valve are you talking about? I have this same kit just waiting to install.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the injen and aem use an air bypas thing its not a valve i guess but it helps to get out moisture and water should you choose to go snorkling with you car. I'm a little hazy on it

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
the injen and aem use an air bypas thing its not a valve i guess but it helps to get out moisture and water should you choose to go snorkling with you car. I'm a little hazy on it
Its not suppose to come with the kit, it doesnt come with the AEM either. Its used to prevent hydrolock in the case you submerge your air filter in water. You dont need one unless your going in deep puddles, though if you really want one you can find one off of ebay for cheap.

·
Lower & Slower
272 Posts
oh, yea i've seen those. Do they really work and are they worth it?

The only reason i'd even think about getting one of those or a prefilter is because i'm missing that little plastic piece that is right under where the filter would be.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
oh, yea i've seen those. Do they really work and are they worth it?

The only reason i'd even think about getting one of those or a prefilter is because i'm missing that little plastic piece that is right under where the filter would be.
As long as your not driving through deep puddles your fine. You have to completely submerge your air filter for your engine to hydrolock. Not really necessary unless you live in a place thats swamped out.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nah i had my whole front end off being replaced and painted so i put it in while it was off. check out my thread in the member rides section

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey no prob I dont care-Im glad you like it. And I completely agree with TSI27's view on the bypass filters...although, you could unbolt the bottom portion of the cai, twist the top one a bit and bolt it back on and use it like a snorkel...(provided the hood wasnt in the way)lol-hey you never know in some of those swamped out places. If you did that, then you def. need to have the exhaust coming out of the passenger side of the hood and the intake out of the drivers side-taking the 4x4 joke to a whole new level haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts