Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Your balls, my mouth
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes after speeding a bit fast (80mph) and letting the car idle, it starts to make a jumpy movement but after Im off to another drive it stops. Yesterday, was the worst ever, it was cold at night and I turned on the car it start to jump like crazy, could it be my CAI? or something else? ive been getting the normal jumpy-movement during idle or when i sometimes start the car for some time now. Thanks

·
Batman Scholar
2,499 Posts
No.

Hydrolock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In automotive terminology, a hydrolock (short for hydraulic lock) is the immobilization of an engine's pistons by a liquid (usually water, hence the prefix "hydro-"). Hydrolocking occurs when liquid fills a cylinder on the intake stroke and, due to the incompressibility of a liquid, makes the compression stroke impossible. This, in turn, prevents the entire engine from turning, and can cause significant engine damage if one attempts to forcibly turn over or start the engine. Typically, connecting rods will be bent, making the engine uneconomical to repair.
Idle roughness and general issues have to do with:

a) fuel injection
b) Air intake
c) electrical (spark plugs, cables, rotor...) issues.

Most of them are things that you review during normal scheduled maintenance.

·
Your balls, my mouth
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The current mileage is 56,683 I think the sparkplug change is at 65,000 current me if i am wrong. Thanks for the replies. No error codes whatsoever.

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
Just because the book says 65000 does not mean that those plugs will not malfunction before then, sounds like this is your first car or just don't know crap about cars.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Are you even letting the car warm up?!?! The car idles high in cold weather just so you know. Also if you beat the shit out of the car going 80 in cold weather then your going to have problems.

·
Registered
617 Posts
If you are being extremley rough on your car you are going to have to change those plugs and wires sooner and more often......and like raz_76 stated coil pack might be worth looking at ......change the plugs ( and get good ones ) and the wires, run a fuel injector cleaner through and see what happens

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I think he meant Vapor lock which is when the fuel gets so hot it boils in the lines. That really isn't an issue anymore since fuel injection and high pressure fuel systems came out because liquid under pressure boils at a much higher temp.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Did the problem happen in the rain??? Is that why you asked about hydrolock? Could you be getting moisture on the Mass Air meter from driving fast through water??? (Happens to me alot with the CAI.)

Could it be a fuel problem? Do you have a way to drive the car with a fuel pressure gauge attached and run under the windshield wiper so you could monitor pressure while you drive?

Are you throwing codes?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts