Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
White Guy
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoo hoo!!!!!! Man... I'll tell ya what... pretty much ever since I got the car, the clutch has "felt weird" at "w.o.t."... and after actually getting a new clutch put in... I must say... these cars are kinda quick! :) no really... I think I could "almost" smoke a 86-93 Mustang 5.0 with an automatic... :) ... (that was always our comparison in High School, cause it was hard to beat a 5-speed, but, man, if you could beat an auto... you were ALMOST there ;) )... My Dad stole my car from me... I had to find out from my wife... and he just had a clutch put in it.. I'll find out Tuesday what "brand" they put in. I almost wanna say it's stock... but it feels pretty stiff... so... who knows... I'll let ya know Tuesday...

The whole point of this story was to say that I'm finally enjoying my car cause I can mash the gas now. :)

James

·
White Guy
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya know what... they never told me what the break in period is... and.. well.. I've never put a clutch in a car that wasn't "race only" and I think the break in period for those is SUPER short... meaning... start the car, and dump the clutch at 4,500 rpms.. and hang on! yee haw!:) ... so.. what IS the break-in period of a stock clutch??? :) I don't wanna glaze that thing.

·
White Guy
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Copy that good buddy... I'm about.. 300ish away from that. Now, I can still "briskly accelerate" right???:) thanks!!

·
6G72_4_LIFE
196 Posts
I would go 500 miles just 2 be safe i just installed a spec stage 2 and it says 450 miles break in on the sheet that comes with it

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I am having a new clutch put in my car as we speak with a resurfaced flywheel. I've heard a lot about breaking clutches in, but have never really done that before. Are you just supposed to drive easy for a while or something?

·
White Guy
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replys guys! Man... it sure is nice to be able to accelerate.... :) 3.5k?? Damn... I need to take it easy for about another 150 miles then. I called the place that my Dad had install it... the guy I talked to didn't know what brand it was... but he said the pressure plate was purple, and the actual clutch disc was dual friction with 6 "blades" on it. So... who knows.. he said it wasn't stock. (Heck, I'd hope so if we had to pay over $500 for it!! :eek: ) I'm guessing it's some weird brand that I've never heard of... what clutch has a purple pressure plate??? :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts