Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 2000 patriot red eclipse gs with after market headlights and after market chrome tails with a racing exhaust. that is all really that isn't stock on my car. I am just curious what i should do next with the car? i have a low budget so the cheapest way would be the best... any ideas?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Welcome! As far as what to do next, what are your overall plans for the car? A couple things that are good starting points and don't hit the pocket book to hard would be to get front turn signals that closely match your headlights (i.e. clear corners if you have chrome headlights, smoked corners if you have black headlights). Also, repaint the fake vents under the turn signals...

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Depends on what your plans are for the car! Show, race or just street!

Then make your decision on which way to go!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i want it to look really good, as well as be as fast as possible, but im pretty sure the performance costs more so that can wait.

·
Never say never!
10,837 Posts
Well this car when it comes to making it fast does not come cheap. So if you are short on money. I would do cosmetic things first. And welcome.:wavey:

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I normally stay out of New Member's section for posts such as this...

First of all, welcome to the club. As far as what you should do to your car, the answer is simple. Do what you want! No matter what you install or modify on your car, there will always be people who like it and those who do not. As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

In regards to your budget, even before you start modifying, sit down and figure out exactly what you want out of your 3G, or any car for that matter. Don't just sit back and say, "I want my car to look good and go fast!" You say that you have a low budget. Well, others have stated some cheap, simple mods already (e.g., front and rear corner lights to match your headlights and taillights).

If there is one thing for you to take away from this reply, don't cheap out on more extensive modifications (i.e., brakes, suspension, etc.). Take in everything that this site has to offer, Search, and determine where your budget is capable of taking you.

Again, welcome to the club.

·
Old Skool Member
1,027 Posts
Yea, lots you can do thats inexpensive for starters. You can dress up your engine bay -- silicon hose kit ($40) from RRE. You can easily paint your fluid caps (washer fluid, brake fluid, coolant overflow cap, etc).

Get some smoked covers for your front turns from zappedman on here for like $20 or so.

Can easily paint some of your interior pieces (door handle, window/door lock plate, your vents (they just pull straight out).

Can easily paint or get some vinyl inserts for your rear bumper letters

Not a ton of stuff to do that wont cost too much, but the obvious other mods are intake, muffler, wheels, tint, rear tyc tails, grillcraft 5-piece grillkit, depo projector headlamps, etc.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Getting new turning signals and painting your fake vents makes a huge difference- it was the first thing I did, and it really stands out. A cai would be a good investment too.
:hbang:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats on finding the site. I gotta say with the info you can find here, the deals and people should have no problem modding your car. Hope to see pics soon.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I would recommend a Cold air intake. and for cosmetic, smoked turnlights, rims, carbon fiber hood, spoiler, ect

·
Registered
381 Posts
I did the megan racing short shifter and energy suspension shifter base bushings for like $70 I think all said and done. Better shifts and better looking interior for $70, who can't do that?

·
db
986 Posts
welcome. i think a good list is already posted so i won't say anything in reference to that. ya know, pretty much everyone here that owns a 3g is on a budget.

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
Welcome aboard patriot red huh :) two tone her ;) j/k i would go with a cold air intake , tune up , oil change , fluid flush n fill. smoked turns paint the fake vents or cut them out and get a grill put in :). If you can find one used for cheap i would deffinately get a safc2 or another brand of piggy back fueler.

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
haha thanks for the input everyone. i plan on puttin a lot of work into her. thanks a lot...
If you are interested i know there is a auto show meet going on in detroit on the 19th of this month you should go and hang out with the guys and gals of the GLR ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts