Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a really dumb question but the 00-02 headlights will fit an 04 correct? i want black housing but i dont want projectors since i just installed my HID kit a week ago and now a headlight is cracked from a damn rock! i think they are the same but just want to make sure so i dont spend undue money. thanks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah they'll fit. Only issue you might come around with the 00-02 black housing headlights is that they had the tendancey for the clear coat to start comming off or "yellowing" so if you find a set that starts to do that all you'll have to do is just re-surface them. There should be a how-to on that in the how-to section.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks for the help ... i may try and see if i can fix it cuz when i checked a second time i didnt see the crack so maybe i was seeing things and it was just a gasket ... i hope cuz new stockers are like 300 for a set!

·
Banned
18,282 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
:agreed:

And you can still use your HID lights with them...you'll just need to get new bulbs (they take H1 bulbs)...

do u need a complete new kit or can i keep my kit and replace the bulbs?? i too am thinking ab switching to sonars instead of my stock ones now but i have h4 HIDs

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
do u need a complete new kit or can i keep my kit and replace the bulbs?? i too am thinking ab switching to sonars instead of my stock ones now but i have h4 HIDs
:agreed:

And you can still use your HID lights with them...you'll just need to get new bulbs (they take H1 bulbs)...
:ugh2:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya i was afraid id have to switch to different bulbs if i got projectors. i just dont really want to do that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya but im not a huge fan of the look of projectors for some reason. i dont know why.

anyone know the best place to get the gasket/weather stripping that goes around the headlight assembly? i know a mitsu dealer, but anywhere that wont rape me?

·
Registered
273 Posts
You could try a junk yard. It pretty rare that somebody just sells the rubber part that goes around the headlight alone. But yeah either the junk yard or dealer are your only real choices.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks fade2blk ... i was afraid the dealer would be almost the only option but ill check some scrap places around here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts