Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Disillusioned
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winco (our local 'no-frills' mega foodstore) is running a special on turkeys: 18 cents/Lb w/$50 purchase.

This is the perfect time to stock up on dry goods (rice, sugar flour, salt, etc.) and get some meat for next to nothing! So far I've got a 22 1/2 lb bird for ~$4, and I just got back from a second run where I got a bird just under 28 lbs for ~$5!

The big problem I'm running into is storage space! :ha:

·
Wanna be my Sheep?
8,255 Posts
we got the 24 pound turkey we're eating for Thanksgiving for free, and we got a coupon yesterday for another free turkey :woot:

·
Chalk City Bitch
14,263 Posts
Tim and his dad both get 20 pound turkeys from their company, but they both donate them to the local food bank. We're having prime rib at their house Friday, but I want turkey at home so I bought a 12.46 lb turkey this morning on my way to work. It was $5.88, so not as good a deal as you guys are getting but still good. Now we can have our own little Thanksgiving at our house too :)

·
Disillusioned
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we got the 24 pound turkey we're eating for Thanksgiving for free, and we got a coupon yesterday for another free turkey :woot:

HAH! Reminds me of the first thanksgiving at my job. The company used to give out actual TURKEYS* and since i was a fairly new hire, and a single guy, I figured I'd wait till everyone else took theirs and just deal with whatever was left thinking I'd get one of the smaller birds. Uh...no, I wound up with the biggest bird in the box, some 24 pounds or so.

*The company eventually went to gift certificates (dictating where you spend the money), and recently to preloaded debit cards (forcing you to divulge personal info in order to use it) instead. FUCK POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!:madfawk:

·
Chalk City Bitch
14,263 Posts
Well I made my little turkey and then a day later boiled the legs and made a stock, then made the most delicious, healthy turkey/veggie and whole wheat noodle soup EVER! I'd never made homemade soup before but this turned out to be quite a success. It's delicious and healthy, warm and hearty :yum:

I recommend doing this :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts