1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coupe 2001 eclipse GT
189,000 miles
Automatic Transition, but can be driven "slap shift"

I just purchased a 2001 eclipse GT since I needed a car pretty bad and took it to Autozone and now I've got a lot of codes and no clue what they mean.

I have P0172 and P0175 saying that all of my cylinders 1-4 are running too rich.

Additionally my car idles rough and the wheel shakes when idling in drive really bad, but a very slightly when in park (enough to not concern me, I'm more worried with the drive idling.) Also when I test drove it it stalled a little bit occasionally but we cleaned some gages and it hasn't done it since but I'm worried it will happen again when I don't expect it.

Next code I got was P0141 saying I have a heated oxygen sensor- Bank 1 sensor 2. I'm not for sure if this means I need a new O2 sensor or something more serious.

Another code, I told you there were alot, was P0335 and P0340. The first being the crankshift position sensor circuit and the second being Crankshaft position sensor circuit. I have no idea what this means.

Last but certainty not least, is P0455 which says EVAP system large leak detected. This one sounds the scariest.

The autozone guy was not much help, all he said was a couple things could be setting all of these off and I'm hoping that's the case. I need all the information I can get. :sweat:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok first question I have, All 1-4 cylinders running too rich; did you mean cylinders 1-3 too rich or is it a 4 Cylinder (IE not a GT) Eclipse or all 6 cylinders too rich? I'm guessing you meant all 6 because you wouldn't have bank 2 for that 0175 code if you had a 4 cylinder but I wanted to ask
P0141 is either a bad O2 sensor or bad wiring, find the sensor, check the wires for damage and if that's not the case replace it. It's also likely the cause of the rich codes, my buddy's Elantra had a similar thing going on (and he went form 28mpg to 12) over a bad front O2 sensor.
Crank and cam sensor code sound ot me like wiring, I would get in there and see what has been eaten by a mouse, odds are good both sensors aren't bad.
Lastly P0455 could be a really bad gas cap or something with the evap lines, for the cost I'd just buy a new cap and see if that one comes back when you clear it and if it does then I'd start checking evap lines.
Also, I got 90% of this information from obd-codes.com - check it out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's got a 3.0L V6, it is the GT model but autozone didn't give me a code for the 5 or sixth cylinder. Would these problems contribute to the rough idling and stalling also? Thanks very much for your help and the link!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not totally sure about the rough running, I'd say probably, 0172 is front bank, 0175 is rear bank so all 6 are covered if those are the correct codes - try going to Advance or someplace that isn't Autozone, they mostly sell LEDs and seat covers, you want a place that sells real parts and has actual car people working.
Regardless, swap that sensor first and see what clears up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts