Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I'm lost...
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I don't really need a new car but I want a new car. I am thinking about trading the Eclipse in for something a bit nicer, more upscale. My other thought is to just keep the Eclipse and get another car on top of that. What I need from you guys is some opinions...here are the cars I like, let me know what you think or if there is another car in this category that you would pick...pictures would be great too...

The Eclipse

Audi A4 UltraSport
White

Red

Black

Silver

Grey

Mercedes Benz C230
Black

Red

White

·
¡pura vida!
843 Posts
If you plan on tradin' in the eclipse have you checked kelly blue book to see what your car trade in is worth?? That may help you on decidin' if you want to keep the eclipse or not. I like the Audi A4 UltraSport in grey. Good luck on the new car purchase!! :bigthumb:

·
Ass To Mouth
6,271 Posts
Audi reliability sucks, for that alone I'll say the MB. Although I'm not too fond of that car either. Have you considered a slightly older M3, like a 2000-2003 or so?

·
Anastacia HOE!!!!
4,507 Posts
I say go for the white one. I love white and keep the 3g. Youll loose so much on it trading it in. Youd be better off selling it to someone on down the road. But id go with the WHite A4...... that things Sexy.

·
Frank
3,940 Posts
I'd drive the 3G into the ground. It looks better than 90% of the cars on the road as it sits now. If it has no problems, just stick with it and keep saving.

I've also never liked the idea of buying the entry level of any car company, even if it is an MB.

·
54,460 Posts
i've worked on a C230, pain in the ass and part costs are a joke. audi's reliablity sucks. you're fucked either way really, i worked on and drove a 2006 volvo s60 that was pretty nice. smooth quiet ride, great brakes, lots of power at the drop of a hat. the TCS sort of sucks, a tire spun in the rain going up a hill and i could lift throttle and reapply before the TCS knew what to do :sad:

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
A choice between two entry level sports sedans with proven reliability issues. I would rather own a new Hyundai.

·
Ass To Mouth
6,271 Posts
I'd drive the 3G into the ground. It looks better than 90% of the cars on the road as it sits now. If it has no problems, just stick with it and keep saving.

I've also never liked the idea of buying the entry level of any car company, even if it is an MB.
This is the best piece of advice in this thread. Think of how much money you'll be saving while you drive this and how much nicer of a car you can buy in a few years when the 3g dies. Right now you have one of the VERY few nice looking 3gs left.

·
I'm lost...
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The reason I am looking to get something a bit nicer is because I will be graduating College, getting a job (with a division of Ritz-Carlton) and I feel that the eclipse won't suite my everyday driving needs anymore. If I'm going to be traveling a lot, on the phone while I drive, taking people with me in my car..I feel I need something a little more Business Like...I really like the Lexus IS300, my brother has one of those, thats the only reason I don't want to get one of them, I also like the Acura TL and the BMW 3 Series.

I have heard that there have been problems with the Audi and MB but I have also heard that about the Eclipse, and mine has 60,000 Miles on it and I havn't had any problems.

What other cars would you suggest? with a price of no more then $25,000, I like near the Manheim Auto Auction and I have a contact there that I will be getting the car from for dealer costs...

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
The reason I am looking to get something a bit nicer is because I will be graduating College, getting a job (with a division of Ritz-Carlton) and I feel that the eclipse won't suite my everyday driving needs anymore. If I'm going to be traveling a lot, on the phone while I drive, taking people with me in my car..I feel I need something a little more Business Like...I really like the Lexus IS300, my brother has one of those, thats the only reason I don't want to get one of them, I also like the Acura TL and the BMW 3 Series.

I have heard that there have been problems with the Audi and MB but I have also heard that about the Eclipse, and mine has 60,000 Miles on it and I havn't had any problems.

What other cars would you suggest? with a price of no more then $25,000, I like near the Manheim Auto Auction and I have a contact there that I will be getting the car from for dealer costs...
Really?:uh: Isnt talking on your phone while driving illegal now in most states? And all you are looking for is a car that will make you look more important, atleast that is what Im getting from this.

Save up and get a bmw, because being on the side of the road in a suit and tie sucks!

·
Frank
3,940 Posts
I understand where you're coming from, I will definitely need to upgrade when I graduate and move onto a corporate job; something tells me I don't want to be pulling up in my cat-less 3G with red racing seats :lol:

$25,000 leaves a lot open in the used car department. With that much money and what you're looking for, I'd look into a used 5 series, most likely the 540. I've heard Bimmers spend a lot of time in the garage, so that might be something you want to research. Either way, you have a lot of options with 25 grand to spend. Good luck, I'm sure you'll pick something nice.

·
Frank
3,940 Posts
Really?:uh: Isnt talking on your phone while driving illegal now in most states? And all you are looking for is a car that will make you look more important, atleast that is what Im getting from this.
He's looking for a car to make him look professional, dumb ass. A boy racer 3G isn't going to exude class and sophistication to his client and colleagues. :uh:

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Also bluetooth is a wonderful invention.

I would look for either an Acura or Lexus within your price range. Reliability would be high on my priority list.

·
I'm lost...
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He's looking for a car to make him look professional, dumb ass. A boy racer 3G isn't going to exude class and sophistication to his client and colleagues. :uh:
This is correct! Thanks for clearing that up for everyone!

Also bluetooth is a wonderful invention.

I would look for either an Acura or Lexus within your price range. Reliability would be high on my priority list.
Yes Bluetooth is amazing and I would love to have a car with it, however I feel that the cars with Bluetooth are out of my price range, I don't want something with a lot of miles, and while I can spend $25,000 that would be getting rid of the Eclipse to do so...which I don't really want to do.

·
GTSEclipse
2,014 Posts
My friend has got the C230 in mars red with I-forged 19" wheels and a few other extras, in stick shift and i love it, heres a quick pic

·
Gator 2013
2,139 Posts
I agree with some other members in that it might be worthwhile to just hold onto the 3G as long as it's sound and see what options present themselves in the future.

However, some other options I would take a look at might be an Acura TL or Lexus IS/ES/GS. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts