Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 2000 eclipse v6 gt one of mine is acting like its not getting enough gas to start it it try to but want fully start up and the other one I have it's getting spark and gas but when I turn the key it want turn the starter so I ran a hot wire to the battery and it will crank the car but it still want start when I turn the key all the light does come on could u help me to try to fix both car

·
Registered
764 Posts
Agreed with GTSDriver2003. Try to be more clear with your posts.

That said, one of your cars may have a bad starter or starter solenoid. Grab a multimeter and see if your starter solenoid is getting a signal from the ignition. If it is and the car still won't crank, replace the starter.

For the one not getting enough gas, check your MAF sensor and fuel pressure. Also check for fuel injector function.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK sorry I put a new starter on it I ran I a wire from the starter to he hot post on the battery and it will crank the car and I will get in it and hold the key trying to to start it but the car still want start

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the
Agreed with GTSDriver2003. Try to be more clear with your posts.

That said, one of your cars may have a bad starter or starter solenoid. Grab a multimeter and see if your starter solenoid is getting a signal from the ignition. If it is and the car still won't crank, replace the starter.

For the one not getting enough gas, check your MAF sensor and fuel pressure. Also check for fuel injector function.
If the ignition switch is bad even though I ran a wire straight to the starter from the hot post on the battery would the car still start up or will the ignition being bad still stop it from starting up

·
Registered
764 Posts
You need to check the things I listed. You're shooting in the dark and throwing parts at it. You need to diagnose the problem first, then try to fix things. A new starter failing to crank doesn't mean the ignition is toast. Might just mean a broken signal wire or bad connection. A new fuel pump doesn't mean your fuel pressure is correct. Might mean you have a bad regulator or a clogged line.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You need to check the things I listed. You're shooting in the dark and throwing parts at it. You need to diagnose the problem first, then try to fix things. A new starter failing to crank doesn't mean the ignition is toast. Might just mean a broken signal wire or bad connection. A new fuel pump doesn't mean your fuel pressure is correct. Might mean you have a bad regulator or a clogged line.
Your right but I don't have the stuff to check it with I no the one don't have enuff gas pressure getting to it it's getting gas to the intake just not enough

·
Registered
764 Posts
Buy the adapter online and borrow a fuel pressure gauge from the local auto parts store. Harbor freight should at least have a cheap fuel pressure gauge set to get you through. There is another thread on here where we talk about measuring fuel pressure and the part numbers needed for the adapter. A quick search should bring it up.

I understand it can be frustrating not having nice tools to do this stuff with, but this is basic equipment that is needed for a fuel system diagnosis and can be found inexpensively if you look around.You'll spend more money replacing random parts on your car than you will if you just get the right tools and pin point what your problem is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

1. Buy the adapter online and borrow a fuel pressure gauge from the local auto parts store. Harbor freight should at least have a cheap fuel pressure gauge set to get you through. There is another thread on here where we talk about measuring fuel pressure and the part numbers needed for the adapter. A quick search should bring it up.

I understand it can be frustrating not having nice tools to do this stuff with, but this is basic equipment that is needed for a fuel system diagnosis and can be found inexpensively if you look around.You'llnd more money replacing random parts on your car than you will if you just get the right tools and pin point what your problem is.
    OK I will on my other car that the starter not working with the key when I turn the key over to start it the anti lock light comes on its the only light that is on will that stop it from turning over

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK the car has the and on it and the anti lock I stopping the starter from working with the key I just don't no how to go about finding the right sensor to fix it I put a scan tool on it and it wouldn't read anything at all so what would u suggest

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Buy the adapter online and borrow a fuel pressure gauge from the local auto parts store. Harbor freight should at least have a cheap fuel pressure gauge set to get you through. There is another thread on here where we talk about measuring fuel pressure and the part numbers needed for the adapter. A quick search should bring it up.

I understand it can be frustrating not having nice tools to do this stuff with, but this is basic equipment that is needed for a fuel system diagnosis and can be found inexpensively if you look around.You'llnd more money replacing random parts on your car than you will if you just get the right tools and pin point what your problem is.
OK I figured it out it was my number 6 injector bad

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a 2000 eclipse gt parts car it don't have the abs on it the car I'm trying to fix is a 2000 eclipse gt with the anti lock abs system can I take the ecu out of the car without abs and switch it with the ecu on my car with abs or will it even work

·
Registered
764 Posts
Dude. Sentences. If you're going to continue to ask for help, you need to type your problems out in sentences. Otherwise you're not going to get any responses. Most users just ignore posts like this because it's too much of a pain to decipher.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know if a ecu with out anti lock.....will work on a car with anti lock????I'm trying to do away with the abs any ways.................

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone know if a ecu with out anti lock.....will work on a car with anti lock????I'm trying to do away with the abs any ways.................
I got my one car fixed it was number 6 injector.I took the power tester on my other car.ever thing getting power except for the wire run to the starter.but I checked the fire and it's good.its getting gas.with the wire I ran to the starter from the battery I try to start it and it just keeps turning over. I sprayed starting fuel in it and still no Start.it is making a clicking noise in abs box to I just heard it today.it like the ecu not telling it to start.i have done ran out of ideas.the only thing I haven't done is checked the compression.but when I plugged the scan tool up to it.it want read like its no juice to the switch could my ecu be bad. Could someone please help me. Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts