Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my tires blew up and now I'm on my spare one :mecry2: Just want to get a whole new set, but need help with it from someone experienced. I read the forum about tires with all the info, but since my car is lowered I need some help. And also got a bomber body kit, so my stock wheels look tucked in. I was thinking to get 17x7.5 with 225/45/17 or may be go more but scared whether it'll rub. Can anyone recommend something>> :rant2:
And if anyone know a way to get a good deal please let me know. Website or a local dealer. Will really appreciate any help. :yesway:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Go to a tire shop. This is what they do.

Tell them you'll pay for them once you get something that fits and looks good.

They do want your business especially the bigger companies; they'll often bend over backward.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
One of my tires blew up and now I'm on my spare one :mecry2: Just want to get a whole new set, but need help with it from someone experienced. I read the forum about tires with all the info, but since my car is lowered I need some help. And also got a bomber body kit, so my stock wheels look tucked in. I was thinking to get 17x7.5 with 225/45/17 or may be go more but scared whether it'll rub. Can anyone recommend something>> :rant2:
And if anyone know a way to get a good deal please let me know. Website or a local dealer. Will really appreciate any help. :yesway:

the issue you are going to run into, is turning. i am lowered with EXACTLY those wheel and tire specs (what backspacing are you talking about? that is REALLY important.) the farther out the wheel sticks (i.e. fitting them to your kit) the more likely you are rub, when you turn.

mine are
17x7.5 with 225/45/17 with a 40mm offest (becomes a 5.90" backspacing)
i am lowered on C2 coilovers, and i had to "move" (forcibly persuade with a hammer) the front mounting point of the wheel well, to make it stop rubbing (it was slightly moved due an accident, so i had to move it back).

anyway, if the wheels stuck out ANY more, they would rub STOCK wheel wells. so to bring them out to your body kit, you are going to need to do some modification to the wheel wells to be able to turn the car. but that is what you pay to play, when you go widebody.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@05eclipse05- Thanx, already read it 4-5 times, it isn't clear about the lowered cars. Good advice, lol>

@ThaCrow- Thanx, going to the firestone next door tomorrow>>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the issue you are going to run into, is turning. i am lowered with EXACTLY those wheel and tire specs (what backspacing are you talking about? that is REALLY important.) the farther out the wheel sticks (i.e. fitting them to your kit) the more likely you are rub, when you turn.

mine are
17x7.5 with 225/45/17 with a 40mm offest (becomes a 5.90" backspacing)
i am lowered on C2 coilovers, and i had to "move" (forcibly persuade with a hammer) the front mounting point of the wheel well, to make it stop rubbing (it was slightly moved due an accident, so i had to move it back).

anyway, if the wheels stuck out ANY more, they would rub STOCK wheel wells. so to bring them out to your body kit, you are going to need to do some modification to the wheel wells to be able to turn the car. but that is what you pay to play, when you go widebody.
Ya, that's what I'm worried. I can pull it out by buying with lower offset but was thinking about it. Do u have any pics of your car? And what's the bodykit you have? Is it a wide one? I looked at a wide body online cause I really like them but the fenders looked like fat pieces of fiberglass:scratch:, means doesn't increase the size of the wheel wells> What modifications did u do? Thanx a lot for the help :yesway:, I'm new to this and don't have much friends to get help on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts