Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
simply put, i need someone to reflash my ecu and delete the immobilizer. To go into more depth. We are working on a 00 eclipse 2.4 5speed that grenaded the trans so hard it destroyed everything under the hood, engine, trans, wiring, rad, subframe, everything!!! So after alot of hard work we replaced everything with parts from an 03 eclipse, including every inch of wiring through out the whole car. we are reassembled and ready to run but have the dreaded green light in the dash and have no spark or injector pulse. So we need someone to reflash this thing asap

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Unsure of any members that live out that way that have a cable. You might have a bigger chance on EvoM. I know its an evo forum but they outnumber the amount of tactrix cables of us by like 20-1. Takes like 30 seconds to do if someone has one.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
All they have to do is plug their tactrix cable into your OBD2 port and read your rom. Open the boom and find the table for immobilizer and set it to 0. Then just re flash the rom onto the ecu. I'd do it free maybe a case of beer or something lol. Very easy to do, just need to find someone local.

·
2.4LR16VDOHCAWDTURBO
1,515 Posts
I live in Shippensburg, PA and can perform this operation for you. I'd agree with Yahh and see what you can find on EvoM first, as I have no reason to be in Allentown other than if you needed me to be. But that's quite a trip and gas is expensive, so hit me up if I'm your last resort.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought a tactrix cable and downloaded the openport2.0 just cannot figure out what to do, I would gladly pay for someone to walk me though it or just send me a rom I can load on the ecu and be done

·
Protect this house
6,741 Posts
Instead of buying the cable and trying to do it yourself, when you clearly can't. Should of used the money for the cable on gas or something for Pale Horse

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Instead of buying the cable and trying to do it yourself, when you clearly can't. Should of used the money for the cable on gas or something for Pale Horse
Instead of posting a smart ass comment maybe you should have kept your mouth shut, since your not being of any help in this post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you yahh, but step 4 is the problem I understand what have have to change but I am unable to come up with anything that even resembles what you are showing me in step 4. There is no periphery 0 or anything else other than year mke and model and such

·
BHM - Owner
537 Posts
Thank you yahh, but step 4 is the problem I understand what have have to change but I am unable to come up with anything that even resembles what you are showing me in step 4. There is no periphery 0 or anything else other than year mke and model and such
Sounds like you need the newest Evo7Base XML in your folder, I attached it to this post. It has more stuff defined in it than the previous version and should be helpful to a lot of you here

Attachments

·
BHM - Owner
537 Posts
Couple more steps to the process;

Courtesy of Silvertune;

Open EcuFlash, go to ECU periphery 0 (FAA), and turn the immobilizer bit to 0. Close out of this table and right-click on the Periphery 0 (FAA) table and click "Edit table." Change the FAA address for FAC and then click "ok" (NOT "APPLY". Reopen the table and change the immobilizer bit to 0 and repeat. You have to change it for FAA, FAC, FAE, FB0, FB2, FB4, FB6 and FB8. Remember to reset the table address to FAA at the end.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
How many times have told every single one of you? IT'S NOT AS EASY AS SETTING THE CODE TO 0000! Seriously, I told at least 3 of you this in the last week.

The above code requires having the periphery defined which is why you can't do it on a face value stock ROM, THE PERIPHERY IS NOT DEFINED. A little XML work and everything becomes possible...

All that is required to do the delete is the coding Schofield posted above, you can leave the immobilizer code set to your stock value (AND YOU SHOULD!) and the bit can still be turned on so long as it's deleted the eight flags I mentioned before.

·
BHM - Owner
537 Posts
How many times have told every single one of you? IT'S NOT AS EASY AS SETTING THE CODE TO 0000! Seriously, I told at least 3 of you this in the last week.

The above code requires having the periphery defined which is why you can't do it on a face value stock ROM, THE PERIPHERY IS NOT DEFINED. A little XML work and everything becomes possible...

All that is required to do the delete is the coding Schofield posted above, you can leave the immobilizer code set to your stock value (AND YOU SHOULD!) and the bit can still be turned on so long as it's deleted the eight flags I mentioned before.
If you use the posted evo7base and replace the old version it has all periphery stuff defined. Checked numerous eclipse and galant ROM files I have which have evo7base "included" in their xml, pulls up a lot more in EcuFlash

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
I have this base, have had for months, but anyone who hasn't downloaded it from your link or gotten it from isaurio doesn't.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts