Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
2.4LR16VDOHCAWDTURBO
1,515 Posts
I assumed everyone who was deleting the immobilizer knew of the periphery configuration that must be implemented into the XML files :dunno:

Otherwise I wouldn't have ever said it was easy on a stock ROM, as it can only be done with the periphery definitions (to echo the last couple of posts). Still though, pretty easy to go to ECU Logic and do some light reading.

·
2.4LR16VDOHCAWDTURBO
1,515 Posts

·
2.4LR16VDOHCAWDTURBO
1,515 Posts
I got your PM. How soon are you trying to have this done? I work 50+ hrs/wk and I have physician shadowing and hospital volunteering about 10 hrs/wk.

Also, you're about three hours away from me (as according to my friend, I haven't looked it up yet.)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just a note on the PERIPHERY. Not all Mitsubishi ROM have the same Periphery location. There are two types. everyone knows the FAA and so ON. there is one more offset that goes with a given ROM model. Thats why some function 1-0 flags dont work.

HINT HINT. you could be fucking your rom if you dont know the correct offset of your given rom model. Dont just copy and paste someones else xml just because it looks good or correct. Specially PERIPHERY

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just posted this on another thread, but I saw this thread and thought someone here might be able to help. I've had to replace the ECU in my 2003 Eclipse Spyder GS 2.4 L with Automatic Transmission. I now of course have to overcome the P0513 Incorrect Immobilizer Key DTC and so I will be attempting to perform an immobilizer delete myself. I have purchased a VAG-COM cable and have been told that I should be able to hook this up to my laptop, feed +12V to pin 113 and be ready to read my ECU's EEPROM. I have been told that I can use EvoScan to read and write to my ECU and that I will have to use ECUFlash to edit the ROM.

I am waiting on my VAG-COM cable to arrive in the mail, still, and in the meanwhile I am trying to familiarize myself with ECUFlash and EvoScan. I downloaded rommetadata.zip and looked through several forums with the .xml definition files for eclipses.

I can't seem to find my car's definition file anywhere. I found an .xml for a 2003 Eclipse GT w/ AT, but of course this is the 6 cylinder and I have the 4 cylinder. I think I MAY have seen a definition for a 2002 Eclipse GS w/ AT, but how can I know if this would work with my vehicle? I'm fairly certain that the ECU (or technically PCM) is a different part number from 2002 to 2003, which implies to me that they may be formatted differently.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice anyone may have for me at this point. I think you can see that I've done my homework on this process (which I have never before performed), but that I've come to an impasse. When I was looking through the list of definition files, it seemed as though my car was the one combination of year, engine size, and transmission type that was missing from the list. Help! Lol.

Thanks in advance,

-Skyler

·
Registered
1 Posts
All they have to do is plug their tactrix cable into your OBD2 port and read your rom. Open the boom and find the table for immobilizer and set it to 0. Then just re flash the rom onto the ecu. I'd do it free maybe a case of beer or something lol. Very easy to do, just need to find someone local.
Looking for someone to do it around Dalton Ga

21 - 28 of 28 Posts