Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
jDm tYt3, y0!
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... on my way back home on the freeway, me and my friend were in the carpool lane. The guy in front of us swerves out of the way, and all of a sudden, I see a line of stopped cars. I slam into said line of cars, trying my hardest to steer the car out of the way. The result: my eclipse is totalled for sure, the 1990 accord that i slammed into is totalled, and the mercedes in front of the accord gets slammed into. My friend is in the emergency room as I type this post, he is getting surgery. Pictures will be uploaded tomorrow when I see my car in the junkyard.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Well... on my way back home on the freeway, me and my friend were in the carpool lane. The guy in front of us swerves out of the way, and all of a sudden, I see a line of stopped cars. I slam into said line of cars, trying my hardest to steer the car out of the way. The result: my eclipse is totalled for sure, the 1990 accord that i slammed into is totalled, and the mercedes in front of the accord gets slammed into. My friend is in the emergency room as I type this post, he is getting surgery. Pictures will be uploaded tomorrow when I see my car in the junkyard.
ouch. sorry to hear about that. hope your buddy is alright. did you find out what caused everyone to stop?

·
jDm tYt3, y0!
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, as of now, he's got a couple of stitches. Nothing too major. We both have sore necks and backs, resulting from the whiplash. On the other two cars, nobody seemed to be injured. The eclipse saved my life. It was a pretty much 75 mph collision. I'm very lucky to be alive, with no injuries whatsoever. Pictures will be uploaded shortly. I still have to see the car.

·
RS rocks!
797 Posts
Another totalled eclipse from socal...=[

hey dude, its been raining a lot in here huh.. good thing that nothing major happed to u and ur buddy..

·
jDm tYt3, y0!
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
jDm tYt3, y0!
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, i'd like to acknowledge everyone who've sent in their regrets. I really appreciate it at a time like this. It means tons. But in the end, I'm really glad my friend and I weren't severely injured. Cars can always be replaced. We still have our lives, and I thank God that I can still sit here and write this as we speak.

·
jDm tYt3, y0!
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, the windshield did crack. Both airbags inflated as well. I don't know if its visible from that picture, but I have a picture showing the cracking windshield and bloody airbag =/

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about this, although I am glad to hear that you and your friend, as well as the others involved, are all right.

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
Honestly it doesn't look like you have that much damage, i expected to see a motor in your lap based on the story, glad your ok and like you said, cars can be replaced.

G

·
dude hope all is well and both you guys are doing okay now and trying to enjoy the most out of christmas! the car doesn't look that bad, and if you did have good coverage, you should expect some money for it...i know you're not really thinking about this yet, but IMO you should buy it out from the yard, and replace the parts on there cause it looks pretty okay...anyway im glad your friend is doing better, and of course that you're doing good too...at any accident, thats always the most important thing!

·
jDm tYt3, y0!
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dude hope all is well and both you guys are doing okay now and trying to enjoy the most out of christmas! the car doesn't look that bad, and if you did have good coverage, you should expect some money for it...i know you're not really thinking about this yet, but IMO you should buy it out from the yard, and replace the parts on there cause it looks pretty okay...anyway im glad your friend is doing better, and of course that you're doing good too...at any accident, thats always the most important thing!
Actually, I got it back the next day, its sitting in my garage. It doesn't look too bad, yes, it looked more horrible at the scene. I crumpled the hood back down so that it would clear my garage. Those pictures are from my garage. I don't intend on having insurance fix it. I'd rather buy a totalled 3G, one thats been wrecked from the back, and transplant parts from that. I agree, the damage doesn't look too bad, I thought it was tons worse at the scene. From what I see, I need a new power steering reservoir, radiator, radiator fans, valve cover, hood, passenger side fender, etc. I'm going to make the best out of this and get carbon fiber hood, projectors, etc, things i've wanted to get for a while now but haven't had the chance to.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well thank god you guys aren't hurt, but man, I expected the damage to be alot worse. Best of luck in getting everything put back together and what not!

G

·
Actually, I got it back the next day, its sitting in my garage. It doesn't look too bad, yes, it looked more horrible at the scene. I crumpled the hood back down so that it would clear my garage. Those pictures are from my garage. I don't intend on having insurance fix it. I'd rather buy a totalled 3G, one thats been wrecked from the back, and transplant parts from that. I agree, the damage doesn't look too bad, I thought it was tons worse at the scene. From what I see, I need a new power steering reservoir, radiator, radiator fans, valve cover, hood, passenger side fender, etc. I'm going to make the best out of this and get carbon fiber hood, projectors, etc, things i've wanted to get for a while now but haven't had the chance to.
thats exactly what i was meaning -> get some parts, fix it up yourself, put some nice aftermarket parts on there...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts