Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All, I am new to the forum this new years day 2012. I have been troubleshooting my car the past few days and have read through many of your threads. Im not really sure where to post this help request, so please direct me to the right location and I will cut and paste whats below there. Or an admin can move it for me :)

2001 Eclypse Spyder GS 175K Miles
Car would not start so I pop started it, drove it to AutoZone to test battery. Had to take battery out due to a policy that after a certain hour they cannot come outside of the store, so I brought it inside. Battery was fine.. pop started it again and drove home. At this point, the idle problem started, car would now stall at stop lights and such. wiggled the key a few times the next morn and car stated, so I drove back and picked up a starter. After installing starter, car starts fine but am still having idle issues. After reading a few dozen posts on this forum and others I did these things.

Cleaned throttle body
Cleaned AIV
Cleaned Mass Airflow Sensor
Puff Tested vaccum lines with carb fluid for leaks
removed negative cable, reset ECM, started car and let idle for 15 min all accessorres on

when I am driving the car all is well, its only when I slow for lights or stop signs that the idle drops low, the oil light comes on, and then the engine stalls. it does not stall all the time, sometimes it corrects itself. Also of note is that it seems to happen after car has warmed up..

anyway, im at the point where looking through posts for an answer is over. any help will be greatly appriciated.
Have a great new year!!!
Silver

·
Flip! What the zip?!
1,179 Posts
Welcome. No check engine light?

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Hello All, I am new to the forum this new years day 2012. I have been troubleshooting my car the past few days and have read through many of your threads. Im not really sure where to post this help request, so please direct me to the right location and I will cut and paste whats below there. Or an admin can move it for me :)

2001 Eclypse Spyder GS 175K Miles
Car would not start so I pop started it, drove it to AutoZone to test battery. Had to take battery out due to a policy that after a certain hour they cannot come outside of the store
A bit off topic, but..Where do you live? I've never heard such a thing. Might want to contact the store manager of that location.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
live in central florida, and there were only two guys working so maybe it was more to do with that than the hour..

no code yet... I did have a code the other day, however it was for the O2 sensor behind the cat converter P0421 (Warm Up Catalyst Below Threshold
I have not recived a new code since I did the cleanings, and highly doubt that the previous code is the problem.. I may be wrong in that and have the workaround to fix it.. the cat is fine tho, and airflow is not accluded, I have good presssure out the tail.

hopefully it will code as I drive around this afternoon..

·
Suspended Seller
922 Posts
live in central florida, and there were only two guys working so maybe it was more to do with that than the hour..
Yeah They HAVE to have at least 2 people in the store.
I went in the other day and the guy said he couldn't check my CEL code because there was only 2 of them in the store so he let me use the ODD2 Reader if i Left My Driver's License

1 - 6 of 6 Posts