Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nothing to tune up for me. Waiting for something bad to happen to the car mechanically so I can either get a Lexus RC coupe or a mercedes e400 coupe.

·
Bench Racer
435 Posts
I bought mine off impulse, as a 16 year old with $3,000 to burn does. Looking back, it wasn't the worst decision as it proved to be very reliable for the time I had it.

I had options, I could have saved the money and either taken my dads 1995 Chrysler Cirrus littered with wiring faults or grandma's 1991 Chevy Caprice that ran like ass (looking back, it would've have been nice to throw a cam in that old boat anchor 305). For the sake of saving money, I should have picked one but I had no mechanical knowledge back then so a running, driving 3G with a sunroof and A/C sounded more appealing.

I passed up many cars that I probably should have taken in the interim. 1974 MGB, 1988 Mustang GT, 1992 Nissan 240SX, 1996 Miata, 1996 Infiniti G20, 1994 Jeep Cherokee 4X4, etc.

If I were to go back and do it all over again I'd take my $3,000 and go find a Foxbody (they were cheaper then) or a clean 2G with a 420A. Though the Fox or a 240SX would have been the best options considering they've doubled in value over the past 10 years.

·
Lurker
14 Posts
My first new car was an eclipse back in '00. Traded it in '02 and I've had nearly 20 cars since including many Subaru's, which included a swapped 2.5 RS that I should have never sold and an Evo X that I had for nearly 5 years and barely drove. So I did it again, went full circle and got another 3g eclipse over 15 years after trading in my first one. Not sure why.. Maybe because I loved the first one so much and never gave it a chance. I must say the styling still looks good to this day.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts