Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i love my eclipse she is beautiful with a body kit lowered ect, now i've just about had it, i live in a shit part of PA where the roads are horrible, ok lets cut to the chase, so about a month ago, i noticed when im doing around 90+ and i put my foot on the brakes the car shaking violently, as if the brakes are failing, aside from that, about 70% of the time when im coming to a dead stop, i hear a GRINDING Almost as if the Right front tire is grinding the top of the wheel well, the noise is getting worse, now its pretty much a WA WA WA WA WAAAAA Noise when i come to a stop.
and about last week, i started to hear a low cackling noise when i turn the wheel, but that rarely happens....

now back in the day when i had a 89 tempo i think the controll arm and socket were completely shot, and that was causing a load cackling, as if a huge tree was coming down.... any ideas??????? thank you guys soo much

·
Got Evo?
138 Posts
I had the aggressive shaking going on when I would brake from speeds past 80 on the freeway.

I replaced my rotors and brakepads and the problem was gone. It seems like your rotors are warped, and your brakepads are to the metal grinding on the rotor.

Id check your rotors to see if you have any circular indents, or a rough surface, anything besides smooth. Id also check your brake pad wear. From what it sounds.

But check all around your wheel, by the control arm. If you see anything abnormal, come tell us.

Im not master mechanic or anything, but I only fix my vehicals, and I learn as I go. Nothings difficult, just learn how things work and buy a manual.

One other thing.. I blew the CV boot on my nissan, never knew it. Whenever I turned, It would click. See if your axle has a ripped or torn boot. That would cause a clicking noise wile turning for sure.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I agree about the pads and rotors. Have them checked and replaced if needed. And where can we see a full res version of your avatar?? :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts