Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is nathan a i bought a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse that had aftermarket parts pre installed on it, Super charger, headers, and exhaust. well my check ingine light is on.

1. Exhaust Leak
2. 02 Sensor (is there such thing as a high flow 02 Sensor?
3. Says my Catalytic Converter is acting up
4. Seams to have no get up and Go

So some one told me this is all cause from the super charger and the computer not being tuned right?

second someone told me a high flow O2 Sensor would help. I just want to know where to start?

·
Hammer Time!
18,119 Posts
since you have already bought it, i will spare you the 'dont buy someone elses project' speech...to me, it sounds like one of a couple of things...

1. bad tune - contact tx4codeman on the forum for possible assistance on this...there are others, but their usernames are not as easy to remember.
2. possibly a bad o2 sensor
3. possible vacuum leak/problem

that should get you pointed in the right direction.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,043 Posts
more details about the supercharger set up. Did you get the check engine light read? If so what was the code?

·
Registered
463 Posts
the "catalytic converter acting up" is nothing really to worry about, i have had that come on my car one time after i installed the headers. since i cleared it nothing. the o2 sensors are cake to get out of the headers. just have to figure out which one it is and take it out.

the only difference in an o2 sensor would be getting a wide band o2 sensor. don't quote me on that because i haven't really done my research on it fully

1 - 8 of 8 Posts