Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Im stuck! lol- Reassembly issue/Looking for schematic

440 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Absolute 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok so first off, I know my dilemma is something i will forever learn from as I should of labeled everything, not just the beginning.

Long story short,
I've recently attempted to replace my valve cover gaskets and plugs/wires for my 03 gt which all in all went smoothly. However, im now at the step where i must put everything back together, and I have the majority of the bolts that i haven taken off labeled (mainly the mounting bolts for that long strand of plugs that sits just in front of the plenum) but need some assistance in the remainder of bolts that i have accumulated lol, mainly to mount the plenum back and any surrounding bolts. A possible diagram would be helpful if anyone has got one, I got the torque specs prepared I just don't want to mess up the arrangement of where they [bolts] all go.
Thanks in advance!~

#2 ·
Like the different length bolts? My way when I get into that situation is to put all the bolts in the part off the car and look to see they all stick through the same amount, it'll be pretty obvious if some need to be longer or shorter than others.

#3 ·
something like that.
Well I started putting everything back together and so far the bolts for the back of the plenum seem to be able to use more than one of the 5 bolts I thought initially went there.
Like 2 of the 5 that are supposed to be used (im not entirely sure if they're the correct ones) can be substituted for these slightly longer ones, with either or seeming to fit in there snugly with no resistance. I was expecting resistance or a barrier/wall to let me know if the longer ones didn't go there, but they seem to be doing fine, and that right there is my issue. I'm certain nothings stripped cause i was hand tightening them to see if they fit and if i felt resistance I right away pull it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.