Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after all the talk of ecu's and immobilizers I did a little research and it seems there is a fix for the transponder inside the key.http://www.bypasskit.com

It seems that you can buy a transponder program it to your ecu's code and not have to worry about it ever again.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also did a small experiment today with my valet key. I cut it open and took out the transponder chip. I found out several things.

1. Holding a key with the proper code close to the wheel does not work.
2. The transponder chips can be removed and replaced.
3. The key actually works like some sort of antenna for the chip to pull its data through an rf signal if I am correct.

Evo chip inside the key should fit nicely inside my eclipse valet key and with the immobilizer and ecu from the same evo I should be set and maybe a bypass kit or remote start later.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
DEI makes a bypass kit for their remote start. It taps into the antenna that is wrapped around the ignition lock, although you have to have an extra key for the kit to use. Is that kinda what you're talking about?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NAPALM said:
:scratch:
What exactly are you trying to do?
Get the car to start?

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
DNS-EN said:
Get the car to start?
Are you trying to disable the immobilzer completely?

If you are, there is a much easier way.
There is only 1 wire that sends the signal between the immobilzer and ECU.
More than likely; one of 2 conditions will disable the immobilizer, and allow the ECU to function without it.

1. Ground it
2. Splice it into a switched +12v

Number 2 is probably the ticket.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NAPALM said:
Are you trying to disable the immobilzer completely?

If you are, there is a much easier way.
There is only 1 wire that sends the signal between the immobilzer and ECU.
More than likely; one of 2 conditions will disable the immobilizer, and allow the ECU to function without it.

1. Ground it
2. Splice it into a switched +12v

Number 2 is probably the ticket.
I'll ask boomslang if anyone knows wiring its probably them.

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NAPALM said:
:lol:
Yea it surely wouldnt be someone like balla or myself who has rewired the entire ECU. :rolleyes:

Its pin 111 on the AUto PCM or Pin 51 on the Manual ECU.

Anyways, good luck.
So wtf does it look for the +12v then or a ground Mr. Rewire?

·
Registered
299 Posts
NAPALM said:
Umm nevermind. I must be wrong.

It has to be some kind of modulated signal going between the immobilizer and ECU.
AFAIK, it's a code that's sent. If they don't match, it doesn't start. The first time you put a new immobilizer in, the spot in memory for the "key" code is blank. First time you start, the code is saved and the memory cannot be erased.

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
shotgunefx said:
AFAIK, it's a code that's sent. If they don't match, it doesn't start. The first time you put a new immobilizer in, the spot in memory for the "key" code is blank. First time you start, the code is saved and the memory cannot be erased.
Yea, I overlooked a minor detail. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts