Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I search "disable mobilizer" there are a lot of different things that pop up like one of the threads had people sending HTML scripts back and forth and talking about the different Hex codes, so my main question is, can't you just disable the immobilizer in ECU periphery0 (FAA)?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Go get a dummy key made that isn't programmed to the car and find out. It doesn't work for any of the V6 roms. Not sure why you'd want to get rid of it anyways unless you never park your car outside.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go get a dummy key made that isn't programmed to the car and find out. It doesn't work for any of the V6 roms. Not sure why you'd want to get rid of it anyways unless you never park your car outside.
Yeah, that’s why I want to disable the immobilizer, and I’m fixing to install a remote start

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah, that’s why I want to disable the immobilizer, and I’m fixing to install a remote start
You realize anyone can get the vin off your car while it's parked outside, get a key made for it, and then steal your car? Even after it's been remote started.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You realize anyone can get the vin off your car while it's parked outside, get a key made for it, and then steal your car? Even after it's been remote started.
If someone goes through all that work, they can have it, plus i live in such a small town that someone would know something was up if it wasn’t me driving that terd

·
Registered
3G Club 2003
1 Posts
Special permission is required for a dummy key. Anyway, that's what the dealer told me when I lost it. But at the same time, it can be made by any locksmith. I have a second car Sautrn from which I lost the key and in the decode Saturn VIN service I found out the key details of making the key by making a free VIN check history and passed the data to the locksmith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts