Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
woulkd you be able to remove the immobilizer for a 00 galant ecu i need to swap ecu's to get rid of the ses light after my 5 spd conversion shoot me a pm, also is there the option to ship the ecu to you since i dont have anything to read it with and dont really need the software for anything but this

·
Zero Resistance, LLC
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
woulkd you be able to remove the immobilizer for a 00 galant ecu i need to swap ecu's to get rid of the ses light after my 5 spd conversion shoot me a pm, also is there the option to ship the ecu to you since i dont have anything to read it with and dont really need the software for anything but this
i'm pretty sure an 00 galant ecu can't be flashed and I only handle roms. I will not deal with any ecu's mailed to me.

·
Registered
312 Posts
so i can swap my ecu for an evo ecu with my sport?!:twothumb:

B

·
0 Posts
as was asked by the gumby dude...
EVO's dont have a "sporty" option...
so could i get you to make my ECU (01 GS) to have the evo functions even with my sporty (which is something i want to keep)?
The evo ecu doesnt come with sporty option...so it cant control your tranny

so i can swap my ecu for an evo ecu with my sport?!:twothumb:
you would have to wire both the ecus up...the evo ecu controlling the engine...and your ecu controlling the tranny...like they did with the ems

no, but since i can remove the immobilizer, you can wire them both up just like you would an AEM EMS and a sporty ecu.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
no, but since i can remove the immobilizer, you can wire them both up just like you would an AEM EMS and a sporty ecu.
So there is no way to just give us AT/Sporty guys the same fuel and timing maps as the Evo while leaving everything else the same?

I'm still concerned about running both the Evo ECU and the Sporty ECU - Which one will recieve the reflash when you need to tune?

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
So there is no way to just give us AT/Sporty guys the same fuel and timing maps as the Evo while leaving everything else the same?

I'm still concerned about running both the Evo ECU and the Sporty ECU - Which one will recieve the reflash when you need to tune?
my guess is that u wil flash to the Evo since that's the one that is going to control all your fuel maps and everything the sporty ecu is just so u can use your Auto trany. right?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
my guess is that u wil flash to the Evo since that's the one that is going to control all your fuel maps and everything the sporty ecu is just so u can use your Auto trany. right?
Right; but if you use both ECU's like we have been discussing, they will inevitably have to share several connections, I'm wondering if they both will recieve the same flash - and as we've discussed in other threads, flashing the Evo ROM to the stock RS/GS Ecu will cause problems. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.)

·
KD0FIZ
1,500 Posts
Right; but if you use both ECU's like we have been discussing, they will inevitably have to share several connections, I'm wondering if they both will recieve the same flash - and as we've discussed in other threads, flashing the Evo ROM to the stock RS/GS Ecu will cause problems. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.)
Just unplug the sporty ecu while doing any programming. That should take care of things.

·
Registered
110 Posts
this might sound stupid but stay with me, if youre running fed spec can you just connect the evo ecu with the immobilizer delete or do you have to change youre stock fed ecu too? thanx

B

·
0 Posts
this might sound stupid but stay with me, if youre running fed spec can you just connect the evo ecu with the immobilizer delete or do you have to change youre stock fed ecu too? thanx
:scratch: what do you mean do you have to change the fed spec ecu?

If you are asking if you need to delete the immobilizer on the fed spec ecu you can't because you cant flash it. if you could flash it there would be no need to delete the mobilizer to swap in a new ecu.

The only way to be able to flash your ecu is if you swap it with a 2001 eclipse or higher ecu or an evo ecu.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Since I'm not sure if FlashBlueRS is back in action, I'm checking to see if anyone is able to either delete the immobilizer function if I send them my ROM, or if they'd be willing to walk me through the process so I can do it myself (I'd much rather learn how to do it myself, but I'm not sure how easy it'd be to teach me through the computer or over the phone). Another reason I'd like to learn the process is so I can do it now (so I can install my remote start alarm) and then do it again when I swap to a sporty ECU. Any help would be appreciated...

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Since I'm not sure if FlashBlueRS is back in action, I'm checking to see if anyone is able to either delete the immobilizer function if I send them my ROM, or if they'd be willing to walk me through the process so I can do it myself (I'd much rather learn how to do it myself, but I'm not sure how easy it'd be to teach me through the computer or over the phone). Another reason I'd like to learn the process is so I can do it now (so I can install my remote start alarm) and then do it again when I swap to a sporty ECU. Any help would be appreciated...
I'll teach you. PM me, or hit me up on yahooIM

EDIT.............sorry just realized that that post is from last year

·
CostaGS88
369 Posts
OK, i have an 01 gs 4 cyl MT fed spec,96510009, I had recently installed a tdo5h 16g turbo on , I scaned the evo8 rom on my ecu,now since the turbo did not work correctly on my 4g64, I took everything off, and flashed the stock 96510009 rom on to my ecu. But the immobilizer its stopping my car from starting. I tryed almost everything, If i tow it to the dealer and they reset my key codes should I be good to go? The dealer says they do not know how to turn off the immobilzer, they will start by resetting the key.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts