Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
turbo? unf unf!
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
other than the flashing of the ecu to remove the immobolizer, is there any other work arounds anyone has come up with?

Thanks!!

·
Just Married 05-15
1,755 Posts
other than the flashing of the ecu to remove the immobolizer, is there any other work arounds anyone has come up with?

Thanks!!
There is a small unit box that its sold by a few companies (example Viper) that you can use to bypass the immobilizer. I've never tried it, but I have seen it working for remote engine start and engine start button.

·
GS-Turbooo
2,440 Posts
There is a small unit box that its sold by a few companies (example Viper) that you can use to bypass the immobilizer. I've never tried it, but I have seen it working for remote engine start and engine start button.
I've seen it. The version I had, you had to sacrifice a key (I had it for my remote start, but its gone now). You would put a spare key into the unit and leave it inside the car wired up to your ignition. It would "Replicate" the signals produced by the key and let the car start (You would have to wrap the ignition with a single wire that acted like an antenna). They have other ones that store the key's signals so that you don't have to leave the key in the car.

·
turbo? unf unf!
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much was the box?
if its too much i think ill just get slava to flash it for me

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
I have one too, but I'm going to have to delete the immobilizer anyway, since I'm running an EVO ECU.

I did have to sacrifice a key.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can change the ecu perephery values to get rid of the wastegate solenoid and fuel sensor/relay trouble codes we get from the ECU swap. I saw it over on evom and have been driving for a week now and no codes.

Perephery 0 = 56D2
Perephery 1 = 0009
Perephery 2 = 4DDF
Perephery 3 = C0C0

This also disables EGR functions, evap. emissions functions, and immobilizer.

·
turbo? unf unf!
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok ibought the cable im going to try these asap the cable comes in :)

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
I just uploaded those periphery values listed above, and it worked!
Here is a screenshot of the emissions checks..... Now the catalytic converter won't pass until I can actually drive, and not just idle there in the parking lot. But here you go

before I uploaded these values I had the wastegate, fuel pressure, and another SES, I think the last one was p0090 or something like that. Anyway, it doesn't matter as they are gone! I guess there is no point of posting that screen, because it is just blank anyway.

*note* just realized that I posted the the wrong screen, this is the OBDII emission check screen, but the other screen that checks for the MIL light was blank anyway.

·
turbo? unf unf!
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did the immoblizer option work? :)

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
dammit, could you check to see if my ROM has no immobilizer? I was told it does not.
well, you have to add the lines to the end of the XML to be able to view/edit the periphery. You will then see them when you re-open ECUflash, and be able to change the values.

To do this you need to have an XML editor. ALso, you need to know the ROM ID, and find the specific rom ID's corrosponding XML file, or the base file for that ROM. Then you edit that, adding

damn it, when I post the lines, they go invisible.....PM me if you want the code, or just read the thread I have linked
Also, when you're changing the values, I believe you need to add 0x before it, so ecuflash knows to change the values into hex or something like that. (I really don't know the reason why)

Here is a great discussion and the origin of finding the periphery (as far as I know)

http://www.aktivematrix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=192&highlight=periphery

·
turbo? unf unf!
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
youre gonna have to help me steadly! i hope i get this ecu flash cable soon. the stupid immoblizer is the only reason my car wont even power up the fuel pump
grr

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
youre gonna have to help me steadly! i hope i get this ecu flash cable soon. the stupid immoblizer is the only reason my car wont even power up the fuel pump
grr
send me your ROM and Ill do it for you. My fuel pump powered on when I had the immobilizer?

·
GS-Turbooo
2,440 Posts
From my understanding, when the immobilizer code doesn't match the key, the car still starts and runs for a few seconds then shuts off. After shut-off, the dreaded green flashing key appears on the gauge cluster...

if your fuel pump doesn't even turn on, then it may be something else besides the immobilizer.

·
turbo? unf unf!
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
from the fsm:

"The immobilizer system consists of the ignition key,
the key ring antenna, the immobilizer-ECU, and the
ECM <M/T> or PCM <A/T>. The ignition key has a
built-in transponder. The key ring antenna is installed
on the steering lock key cylinder. Only the registered
ignition key permits the engine to start, therefore, the
engine can never be started by means of a forged
key or by connecting the ignition wiring directly. The
system is significantly safe and reliable against theft.
In addition, the driver has only to turn the ignition
switch to the "ON" position to activate the immobi-
lizer system. If the requirements for starting the
engine are not satisfied, the engine will be immobi-
lized. If a registered ignition key is lost, all your igni-
tion keys need to be registered again using scan tool
MB991502 (MUT-II) to ensure security (refer to
P.54A-28.). An additional ignition key can be regis-
tered as follows (only if no ignition keys are lost):"

according to these, the immobilizer activates asap its on the on position..

you guys sure?? my immobilizer unit and key match, however ecu is not matching right now..

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
grr
send me your ROM and Ill do it for you. My fuel pump powered on when I had the immobilizer?
Either way, I would prefer to teach somebody, so that they may pass the knowledge on in the future.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts