Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I now has Mitsu AWD.
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im deciding on what glow gauge setup i want. i came across these while looking around online and i like 'em a lot

Procarparts.com: Shop for Headlights, Tail Lights, Racing Seats, Body Kits, Mufflers & more

since the entire thing would be white and i only want the gauges to be white, i want to get a bezel to fit over it... only problem is, it looks a bezel would cover part of the numbers up as the gauges look bigger than the stock ones.

does anyone have these gauges? opinions on them?

Reactions: HomieG

·
Registered
273 Posts
A gauge bezel should fit fine without covering up the numbers. Worst case scenario is that you might have to shave off some material on the bezel to make it fit; but I didnt have any prblems with my gauges when I put on my bezel.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I don't know if I'm being retarded or not, but I am having an issue trying to figure out exactly what you want to do. Are you saying that you want to install these gauges and then place something over top of them?

·
I now has Mitsu AWD.
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if I'm being retarded or not, but I am having an issue trying to figure out exactly what you want to do. Are you saying that you want to install these gauges and then place something over top of them?
nah its all good pearce. what i want to do is get the gauges from the link i have above, but since the entire thing is all white, and i just want the gauge faces to be white, i want to get a bezel to overlap the excess white. i know i will have to cut out some holes for the indicator lights but thats not a problem as long as i can cover it up. so yes in essence, i'm placing something over top of the entire unit, but nothing overlapping the gauge faces themselves. the part i was worried about is the fact that the numbers are bigger and it looks like the gauges themselves are bigger than stock, so i was worried that a bezel may indeed overlap part of the gauges.

·
Registered
273 Posts
nah its all good pearce. what i want to do is get the gauges from the link i have above, but since the entire thing is all white, and i just want the gauge faces to be white, i want to get a bezel to overlap the excess white. i know i will have to cut out some holes for the indicator lights but thats not a problem as long as i can cover it up. so yes in essence, i'm placing something over top of the entire unit, but nothing overlapping the gauge faces themselves. the part i was worried about is the fact that the numbers are bigger and it looks like the gauges themselves are bigger than stock, so i was worried that a bezel may indeed overlap part of the gauges.
Nah if at all like you stated you'll just need to cut out some holes incase some of the white parts of the gauges overlap your lights. I had to do that to mine also. It no biggie.

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts
I have the autotechnic s72 gauges with the bezel...those are procarparts. Just to forwarn you...I had a set of procarpart gauges when I first got my 3g and they lasted about 6 days before burning out. I have the authentic s72 gauges now and they are great. Here is a pic of mine with bezel. I got my bezel from ebaymotors.

·
I now has Mitsu AWD.
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^Arachno... do u have any pics of the gauges lit up at night?

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I don't know if you are entirely sold on getting this gauge overlay with the bezel, but just as a question/suggestion, have you though about just changing out the stock orange lights for a different color?

Again, that is just a thought. I personally purchased a set of glow gauges from eBay a couple of summers ago, and I also swapped out the orange lights with red. This is what my interior lighting looks like right now (it's not the greatest picture), minus my new oil pressure and volt gauges on the pillar:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts