Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Infinity 3-1/2" Reference Speaker

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  levelbest 
Hey All:

I went out and bought this speaker to replace my center speaker today. Thanks to the instructions in the How To Section, I used a dremmel (actually a Black and Decker Wizard - Same Difference) to cut the opening to size, and got it installed. Only one mistake - drilled a hole in the wrong place for one of the screws. Thought it was the mark - turned out the mark was a half inch over - see pics. Not a big deal though.

To me, the sound is a little bright withthe new speaker. It's a two way and the original was a single speaker - so I think that has something to do with it. Otherwise, it sounds fine with a little adjusting on the EQ - bumping the mid and treb down one notch. Finally I can listen to talk radio on XM again and NO BUZZING! :)

I am wondering if there are any alternatives out there that might be closer to the original stock in sound. Call me a perfectionist if you will.

I'm also thinking of putting some cheesecloth or foam on the back side of the bezel cover. I noticed when removing the stock that it had a fabric cover on top - and am thinking that might knock down the highs enough that the tweeters take a little more presidence. Thoughts? :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.