Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plz don't flame me :] I don't like fire. (though it is kinda cold atm) Just want to collect some good info on projector headlights in one place.

Okay, I Need a whole new front end for my car. That includes headlights. (Accident, long story, not going into that now) So after searching, I like everyone else in the entire world, have decided on projectors, with halos, and a pretty white/blue-ish HID headlight. Yay for me right?!

What I know:
- The Anzo headlights only activate the projectors when the highs are on. (That's a no no) But they DO have a halo. (That's a yes yes)
- The Depo headlights use the projectors for primary lighting. (yes yes) But DON'T have a halo. (no no)
- The Sonar headlights have BOTH. Yay for me right?! No, because I haven't been able to figure them out. (poo on you)

What I would like to learn:
- Are the Anzo halos LED? Cause I want the tubular looking halo with the small gap in it. LED is not for me.
- Is it possible and/or worth it to put halos into the Depo? possibly dual halos?
- Do the Sonars use projectors as the primary light source?
- What kind of halo do the Sonars use? It doesn't look like LED, but still looks to be seamless.
- To get that pretty white/blue-ish I just buy the bulb I like best and install it correct?

Thank you for not flaming me ;] and for the good info.
I really do appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The Sonar lights have a projector for the low beams, not the highs. The halo is around the low beam and the light for the halo is provided by a hidden LED, but the part that actually lights up is simply a fiber optic ring (it's not a circle of LED lights). Typically, most people wire the halos into the parking light circuit (there's a how-to on it). As far as a bluish light, you have two options...you can get the bluish light bulbs, or get the right range of HID lights (probably between 6000K and 8000K...the higher the number the less light output but the more color...I'm running 4300K because I wanted a whiter light for better visibility)...:bigthumb:

What part of the Sonars have you not figured out yet that makes you want to poo? I'd take some immodium or see a doctor if the problem lasts more than a week...

·
Learning...
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jhoffner is cool enough to respond just to let us know how cool he is!

I'm honored to have a post of yours in my thread :'] *tear*

Psst, btw you posting in any way in this thread is "responding to a post about projectors"

you sir, Fail at life. (J/K pal, no hard feelings, oh and your car is pretty)

Anyway, What is the halo I see used on my friends BMW with the tubular light with the gap?

Thank you for the good info Kidney bean.
I took some immodium and set up an appointment with my doctor. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. :]

·
kickin it old school
1,487 Posts
I'm not responding to threads about projectors anymore

SEARCH
Something I do not do enough of myself. Try it, I did it the other night to answer some questions. An amazing thing happened...I used old threads to find the answer to my current problem. It worked. :woot: Try it out duuuuude.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
alright, call it a day and go with sonars, u can wire it so only the ring is on when u have it to the first click to turn the lights om, and also it is on when low beams is on and its on when the high beam is on also. after i searched for a couple days everyone seemed to go with with sonar projectors.
http://www.club3g.com/forum/show/82474-how-install-sonar-projectors.html
That is how to install, it is strait forward

1 - 7 of 7 Posts