Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, having read the rules of the forums and seeing the flaming elsewhere I am taking a risk in posting me first in the FI section. I have no disillusions that i will be able to build a turbo, buy an ebay turbo, or turbo my car period without some further information. That is why this post is a simple request for sources about FI, I know there are websites but a subject this complex must have a physical "textbook" somewhere. So if anyone knows of any references or even manufactures catalogs that i can obtain would be great. The post and information on this site is great but i would much rather have a compile book that i could read and pherhaps go to in a clutch in the future. Would like to start with the basic, for instance just how FI works i have the basic idea, but i would like to go into more detail about the different components and the part they play in the over all system. Also seeking a similar source for the GT V6, there are facts and number scattered all over this site, but where is this information comming from? Experience? Other websites? I am hoping that there is a book that would detail the engine as well. Any help in the matter would be much appreaciated, as will the flaming i guess since i just want to get it out of the way.

-Ash

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Alright, having read the rules of the forums and seeing the flaming elsewhere I am taking a risk in posting me first in the FI section. I have no disillusions that i will be able to build a turbo, buy an ebay turbo, or turbo my car period without some further information. That is why this post is a simple request for sources about FI, I know there are websites but a subject this complex must have a physical "textbook" somewhere. So if anyone knows of any references or even manufactures catalogs that i can obtain would be great. The post and information on this site is great but i would much rather have a compile book that i could read and pherhaps go to in a clutch in the future. Would like to start with the basic, for instance just how FI works i have the basic idea, but i would like to go into more detail about the different components and the part they play in the over all system. Also seeking a similar source for the GT V6, there are facts and number scattered all over this site, but where is this information comming from? Experience? Other websites? I am hoping that there is a book that would detail the engine as well. Any help in the matter would be much appreaciated, as will the flaming i guess since i just want to get it out of the way.

-Ash
Maximum Boost by Corky Bell
http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...ortcut=0&from=R41&query=corky+bell&category0=

Oh and don't drift your 3g ;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
drift your 3G all you want, just dont wreck it. thats where the bad part comes in. also check out howstuffworks.com for those animations on engines, turbos, transmissions, etcetc. "the basics" are ALWAYS required reading.

Corky Bell refers to a BOV (blowoff valve) as a 'compressor bypass valve' and doesnt really talk about it much at all. his book, from 1997, seems to be the most recent turbocharging book anyone knows of =/

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
drift your 3G all you want, just dont wreck it. thats where the bad part comes in. also check out howstuffworks.com for those animations on engines, turbos, transmissions, etcetc. "the basics" are ALWAYS required reading.

Corky Bell refers to a BOV (blowoff valve) as a 'compressor bypass valve' and doesnt really talk about it much at all. his book, from 1997, seems to be the most recent turbocharging book anyone knows of =/
There is a difference between drifting and sliding, the main problem being that the eclipse is FWD. That being said, you probably will only look cool to ricers, children, and foolish women :). As far as a BOV goes, compressor bypass valve is actually the correct term for a blow off valve. There's not too much needed to know about them. The throttle plate closes and in order to prevent gasses from backing up into the turbo it "bypasses" it by releasing it either into the atmosphere or by recirculating it into the system. Do some searching on the forums drift, there is a lot you will learn. For a basic understanding of how a turbo works the information is all here, have a ball...

·
Wants b00st
409 Posts
Just about all of the info you can find in Corky's book can be found online, maybe not all in one place, but it's out there somewhere

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks thats exactly the kind of thing i was looking for, i just need to find a copy and check out howstuffworks.com also i dont drift in my eclipse, the Drifter part of my name describes my life thus far, armybrat so i moved constatly and now i just drift, have never stayed in one place for very long, none the less i wont drift in a 3g :), thanks for the help.

-Ash

1 - 6 of 6 Posts