Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Injectors #2 and #6 problems

560 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DailyProject 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have recently replaced all 6 of my injectors because a local mechanic said that both 2&6 were stuck open, and I figured just replace them all instead just the two of them. The car definitely runs better than it did before, but when I unplug 2&6 injectors while the car is at idle it makes absolutely no difference in the way the car idles where as if I unplug #4 injector by itself the car begins to run terribly.
Does anyone have any idea what the cause for the two injectors not working could be and what it is that I should check?
Thanks

#2 ·
Welcome!
To be clear, it was running badly and after replacement is still running badly but better than before? If you haven't seen it yet, this manual is an incredible resource: 2003-2005 Eclipse Factory Service Manual – Tearstone
That said, the section under MFI 3.0 should have the steps for testing the wires for the fuel injectors. If the injectors are new its safe to assume they're definitely working properly, but without the proper signal they won't. For a quick looksee, try switching injectors with the problematic ones and see if it persists.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.