Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whne i coneverted my cai to wai it was really loose like moved up in down alot the whole pipe would is that normal for the injen intake?

i just wanted to test it out and it just did't seem like that was right?

·
Never say never!
10,837 Posts
First of all please learn how to spell and use proper grammar. Now you said you converted your cold air intake to a short ram intake. What was loose? The piping, the filter? You have to be a little more specific. And why did you convert it. You know a cold air intake is better than a short ram.

·
Never say never!
10,837 Posts
ooo aight thanks sorry i did't know this was english class..........bu yea i did it just to see the dif
Well actually this is not English class. But it would be nice to understand what you are trying to say. Yeah there wont be much of a difference between the two. Only difference is that the cold air intake will do just that. Bring in cold air from underneath the car. Where as the short ram will bring in air from inside the engine compartment.

·
def jukie
186 Posts
leave it as a WAI... it sounds better that way... much more important than cooler, denser air to your combustion chambers.... ps- the "mozilla firefox" browser has built in spell check :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but does't sucking in warm air reduce hp........
yea i just get in a hurry and my words come out like shgdasfhd u know lol

·
Never say never!
10,837 Posts
leave it as a WAI... it sounds better that way... much more important than cooler, denser air to your combustion chambers.... ps- the "mozilla firefox" browser has built in spell check :)
So let me get this straight. You think that the fact that it sounds better. Is much more important, than it actually functioning correctly? Sound is much more important than peformance. Okay.:nuts:

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have an injen intake as well. i had my cold air and it fit perfectly with no problem with instability. i converted it to a short ram after my area had some bad weather. and it still is stable as shit

·
Trip Like I Do
10,371 Posts
In order to hydrolock your engine, you would need to fully submerge your intake into water. Then your engine, would have to have enough suction, to pull up, against gravity, something much more denser than air. This of course assumes that your engine is rotating at a high enough RPM's to not immediately shut off from lack of air.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts