Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
super easy install. but...lol, i forgot to install the base risers so basically my throws are exactly the same as stock. ima have to take it apart this weekend and put the risers in so then ill get to test this "45% reduction". lol. the shifter does sit really high, but i dont mind to much, it sits the same as stock but feels much better.

In first gear..

In second...

here's after i fix the boot so it doesn't sit as low.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as i said, forgot the risers so as of now it's basically a chrome stock shifter:p. once the risers are in though it should be good.

·
Banned
174 Posts
it is. I've had mine on for a few days it's a lot better than stock.

Sean did you take off the counterweight?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had it on but when i went to shift to second it about ripped my shift boot out lol. of course that might be cuz i still have full length shifts...

·
Banned
174 Posts
no its not because of the full length shifts. it is because the the top portion of the shifter is longer than the top portion of the stock shifter

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have it back to where it is when i first posted this. im just waiting for the stupid instructions that shoulda come with the shifter in the first place.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alright. i got mine done with the 45% reduction. i had to grind away at the plastic base for enough clearance for that shifter linkage. also had to add extra risers to the rear of the base cuz the linkage was actually rubbing the car body. haha. it's all done and wow, it's sooo short. lol. i love it. it's not too short where you can't tell what gear your in, but it has a real solid throw and just the twitch of the wrist can shift the gears. haha. took about 4 hours because i had no instructions and i had to keep grinding and checkin for clearance. now that i know what i'd have to do, i say about an hour and a half. well worth it. will post pics soon

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Something just doesn't look right and you should NOT see any of the shifter rod at all.

Mine looks NOTHING like that...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i can put the stock knob on and it can't even screw on halfway cuz that stop that's holdin the boot. it prolly just looks high cuz the knob is so small. the stock knob is really long so it makes the stock shifter look lower.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
i can put the stock knob on and it can't even screw on halfway cuz that stop that's holdin the boot. it prolly just looks high cuz the knob is so small. the stock knob is really long so it makes the stock shifter look lower.
The knob is designed incorrectly and does sit lower with a recessed hole. It's hard to explain, but basically, you can see what I'm talking about in the design on the v2 knob that I have in production.

In case you can't see the recessed area:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oh well man. i like it. i can't see any reason to blow 50 bucks on just a shift knob..when im perfectly content with the one i got. but thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts