Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve noticed that certain after market radios that I want to install won’t work for my car because I have the infinity system in it I was looking at this one Amazon.com: Digital Multimedia Universal Car Stereo with Bluetooth, Hieha 7 inch Double Din Touch Screen in-Dash Car FM Radio Receiver MP5 Player, Support Rear View Camera, Steering Wheel Controls, Mirror Link: Home Audio & Theater and I’m wondering if it would work and if not would there be a potential way to work around it without having to replace my amp. Also this is my first car and even though my father is a mechanic he did not really teach me much about cars so I may be a little slow on some parts.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am curious to see who responds. I wish I could help here. My 03' GTS came with a double din radio when I bought it but, my 2008 dodge ram has an infinity system with factory amp and I have been told I would have to pull thr amp and all speakers due to the 2 ohm speakers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey I made this post Clear 2000-2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Wiring Diagram a while back because I was also having trouble finding information when it came to the infinity sound system on the Mitsubishi Eclipse. That radio will work. I’ve installed that radio before in my cousin’s 2008 Mazda 3. It’s a really popular affordable Chinese radio it also goes by the name 7018B on other sites. The only issue you might encounter is fitment. It is slightly a little wider than most double din. So it might not seat as flush as a name brand one. Also my cousin said the Bluetooth isn’t 100% reliable. More like 80%-90%. If you have any questions let me know. You’re gonna need the amp bypass cable or if you want to integrate the amp there is a cable for that too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I’ve noticed that certain after market radios that I want to install won’t work for my car because I have the infinity system in it I was looking at this one Amazon.com: Digital Multimedia Universal Car Stereo with Bluetooth, Hieha 7 inch Double Din Touch Screen in-Dash Car FM Radio Receiver MP5 Player, Support Rear View Camera, Steering Wheel Controls, Mirror Link: Home Audio & Theater and I’m wondering if it would work and if not would there be a potential way to work around it without having to replace my amp. Also this is my first car and even though my father is a mechanic he did not really teach me much about cars so I may be a little slow on some parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have installed a couple in my eclipses, both times pulled the amp and ran wires down and spliced in to the car speaker wiring. I added a remote amp for my wifes and installed it in the trunk with the subs speaker box. Used the RCA connections for that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I decided to replace my stereo in my 2000 GS I tried replacing just the head unit and used the amp integration cable. I wasn’t happy with the results, so I tried a different head unit and bypassed the Infinity amp. One again I wasn’t satisfied with the result and after 6 months or so I decided to go all in. I ripped out EVERYTHING - head unit, Infinity amp, speakers front and rear including the tweeters in the door sails, trashed it all and started from scratch. New head unit, new speakers all around including new tweeters in the sails, crossovers in the doors, new amp, and subwoofer. All wiring, for speakers, power, grounds, RCAs got replaced, added additional ground points and proper fuses. It finally sounded right. It’s very loud but not enough to rattle all the windows in the neighborhood. I was going more for sound quality, not necessarily huge wattage numbers. The system sounds incredible. There’s a top of the line Pioneer head unit, with an MTX amp and an Infinity Basslink for a sub. Bluetooth works great, handsfree phone and both USB and iPod inputs. Stereo system is almost worth more than the car! I still get a smile on my face every time I drive the car. Well worth the effort and expense!

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you buy a system from Crutchfield they offer the wiring harness needed to bypass the infinity amp.they also include any and all adapters needed. You may not be able to get the unit you were looking at on Amazon but at least you'll get everything you need to complete the radio swap all at once.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts