Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I bought a set of aftermarket adjustable control arms. The stock control arms have a toe adjustment bolt with an offset washer to make rear alignment adjustments. What I'm wondering is should I eliminate that by using washers that are oversized so it sets over the adjustment plate on the crossmember or some other way or just put it together like stock and let the alignment shop deal with it? Also has anyone put Ebay coilovers on their 3g and the back sets so low even after you raise the height almost to the point you feel uncomfortable with the amount of height adjustment threads left?
It's a 2003 eclipse GT.

Registered
What aftermarket control arms are you using? I have Megan rear links and that's it. I just got it aligned last week and it was easy to dial in. I know a 3g guy with the coilovers off eBay (the ones for $250-300) and said they run like crap. He stated that if it's looks you are going after it will work, but performance wise spend the cash and get a good set. He has been running them without failure and also has the ones without adjustment. So if you get the set with adjustment they may work better. Buy them and do a review! 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
What aftermarket control arms are you using? I have Megan rear links and that's it. I just got it aligned last week and it was easy to dial in. I know a 3g guy with the coilovers off eBay (the ones for $250-300) and said they run like crap. He stated that if it's looks you are going after it will work, but performance wise spend the cash and get a good set. He has been running them without failure and also has the ones without adjustment. So if you get the set with adjustment they may work better. Buy them and do a review! 馃榿
I just got godspeed rear control arms. I'm trying to keep it cheap which I know isn't the best idea but I'm kinda curious to see what performance and handling improvements cheap ebay parts can make. Maybe when my 3 kids are out of the house I'll be able to dump more money into a car. I did pay a little extra to get the coilovers with adjustable dampering though.

Registered
I just got godspeed rear control arms. I'm trying to keep it cheap which I know isn't the best idea but I'm kinda curious to see what performance and handling improvements cheap ebay parts can make. Maybe when my 3 kids are out of the house I'll be able to dump more money into a car. I did pay a little extra to get the coilovers with adjustable dampering though.
Funny, I have 3 kids as well, so I understand where you are coming from. If it was me I would buy the 250-300 ones and see how they are. If you don't like them sell them locally and take a small hit. Then others know as well and the hit Isn't so bad. No one will know of no one gets. Let me know what you do, I was also curious about them lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts