Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I was thinking I want to get another intake manifold worked out.

I know that the 2g eclipse manifolds pointed the wrong way. And they EVO 8 intake manifolds won't bolt up. What about this EVO 4, 5 & 6 manifold?
eBay Motors: Lancer EVO 4 5 6 intake manifold 4G63 Eclipse Turbo (item 120189843856 end time Dec-28-07 00:07:41 PST)
would this work?

If not, I know the outlander would bolt up, but I don't want to risk it not clearing the firewall.

Are there any that would bolt up but would face the wrong direction? I oculd just cut the runners and flip it around? I'm thinking aftermarket BTW, not stock manifolds.

·
Registered
581 Posts
one of the members on thegalantcenter used a nonturbo 2g obx manifold... im not sure if he cut of the stock flange of our manifold or use the 2g flange i'll look it up and get back to you

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder were I could find out which intake flange is the same as ours? I am sure there are a few. Like, what about the 2g turbo, could it just be cut and flipped 90 degrees?

·
Registered
581 Posts
hey i did some more searching and i found the pictures i was looking for

turns out the guy was a welder by profession so its more then a simple bolt on... he had this for awhile then switched to the outlander manifold

here are some size reference pics for the outlander manifold i dont think you should have an issue with the firewall only the eclipse does

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I'll upload a couple pics of my engine bay, and I don't think It'll fit. It looks too tight. I tried to add a ruler for refrence, but I don't think it helped too much. Here it is.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I'd have to agree with you Steadly...look at the location of the strut tower bar in the Galant pics, and use that as a reference...I realize you have the GT bar (I think), but if you base the strut tower to valve cover location, it looks like you're in the same boat as us...that's why one of these days I'm probably just going to design my own manifold...

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd have to agree with you Steadly...look at the location of the strut tower bar in the Galant pics, and use that as a reference...I realize you have the GT bar (I think), but if you base the strut tower to valve cover location, it looks like you're in the same boat as us...that's why one of these days I'm probably just going to design my own manifold...
If you do make two, so I can get one off your hands:twothumb:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
If you do make two, so I can get one off your hands:twothumb:
Well, it may not be just a straight intake manifold (secret G-14 classified research being conducted :rofl: )...and it's going to be a while before I can really start working on it, but if all goes well it will be cast aluminum and hopefully have a somewhat factory look...when and if I get closer to actually getting it made I'll make a post so everyone can chime in on it...:twothumb:

Steadly, your oil fill cap is upside down :)
Didn't you hear...that gives you an extra 25WHP...well, at least people who rice out Hondas or live on the .org would believe it...:lmfao:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
THATS WHAT BLEW MY MOTOR!!!!!:rofl:
Actually, it was the red battery cable and terminal cover...had it been blue like everything else you would have been fine...:rofl:

Reactions: Voodoo

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On a more serious note, Does anyone have a picture of the intake manifold surface that meets with the block? This would be very helpful, since I don't want to pull out my motor until I have to put the new built one back in.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
On a more serious note, Does anyone have a picture of the intake manifold surface that meets with the block? This would be very helpful, since I don't want to pull out my motor until I have to put the new built one back in.
If you mean of the stock black one, I have an extra one in a box in my storage unit...I can pull it out and snap a couple pictures this weekend for you...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
581 Posts
i have pictures of the outlander and the stock one which do you need?

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks, I'd give you two some more rep for your help, but it won't let me.

Doesn't this bastard look like it would fit?
eBay Motors: Lancer EVO 4 5 6 intake manifold 4G63 Eclipse Turbo (item 120197161320 end time Dec-19-07 00:25:52 PST)
eBay Motors: Lancer EVO 4 5 6 intake manifold 4G63 Eclipse Turbo (item 120197161320 end time Dec-19-07 00:25:52 PST)

I think the two problems I would run into is the extra hole/line on our manifolds (not sure what it goes to), and the fact that the TB would be signifigantly lower than the stock placement, I could move the battery, but I don't think thats the problem. What would be in the way?

·
Registered
581 Posts
naw if you look on the left side the flange is different... you could probably cut off the flanges and weld the stock flange to the evo manifold

1 - 20 of 30 Posts