Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it didn't answer my question at all, in the thread that you posted people choose between Outlander and Evo manifolds, which as far I understood caused some fitting problems. I'm asking about that manifold because on the web page said that it is for 4G64, which means that there is shouldn't be any fitting problems. I'm just double checking if it's true or not.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
If your not going turbo theres no need for it. And if you actually read that thread I gave you they recommend a manifold that does fit.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The outlander manifold has firewall clearance issues with the eclipse. But it is known to fit fine in the galant.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well does any of you ever used that OBX manifold that I posted? It says on the site that it's for 4G64 Eclipse 00-05 and that there is shouldn't be any problems.

·
Registered
339 Posts
well does any of you ever used that OBX manifold that I posted? It says on the site that it's for 4G64 Eclipse 00-05 and that there is shouldn't be any problems.
I would say go for it. If it looks a little flimsy then just weld some supports into it. Hell the stock one is known to break. I don't think it would be that hard to get it too fit.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would say go for it. If it looks a little flimsy then just weld some supports into it. Hell the stock one is known to break. I don't think it would be that hard to get it too fit.
:bigthumb: Yep, I might get it next week, I'll let you guys know if it's worth it or not :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just an update, I emailed the OBX about the manifold may be a week ago, still don't have an answer!:rant:

·
Registered
71 Posts
4 days later, just checking if there are any updates, I was looking for a smim, For my turbo 4g64. I am having a hard time finding anything as I have no idea where to look.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well still haven't e-mailed me back yet :) so I don't have any new information about this manifold. I'll try to call them :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
obx is known to steal designs and make there own product with little craftsmenship and cheap materials like, oh i dont know "sheet aluminum", sell it for half the price of the original design and some how turn a profit.
i honestly havent heard of anybody using that material for aftermarket intakes but i could be wrong, just sounds like a good way to keep their costs down.
anyway like a said before obx are notorius biters so im just wondering where they stole that design from. looks like that old RIPP manifold prototype that was never produced. wish i had some pics to compare the two.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
obx is known to steal designs and make there own product with little craftsmenship and cheap materials like, oh i dont know "sheet aluminum", sell it for half the price of the original design and some how turn a profit.
i honestly havent heard of anybody using that material for aftermarket intakes but i could be wrong, just sounds like a good way to keep their costs down.
anyway like a said before obx are notorius biters so im just wondering where they stole that design from. looks like that old RIPP manifold prototype that was never produced. wish i had some pics to compare the two.
fking obx lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts