Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I looked through the FAQs and searched but I still haven't found much helpful info. I need to know what types of parts are interchangable between Eclipses and Stratus'. Is it just engine parts? I'm wondering if suspension (springs,shocks,sway/strut bars) are the same also.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Really, everything out there performance-wise that will fit on a 3g Eclipse will fit on a Stratus/Sebring Coupe. It's the same car just a little longer, fatter, and has a trunk instead of a hatch. Now if you have a sedan, nothing fits.

Things that are the same on an Eclipse and a Stratus/Sebring Coupe:
Engine Compartment (Mitsu 2.4 is the Chrysler 2.4, Mitsu 3.0 is the Chrysler 3.0)
Brakes (all the aftermarket brakes will fit, and it really needs 'em!)
Suspension (technically it's different because it's a slightly heavier car, but all the aftermarket struts and springs are the same)
Transmission (Sportmatic is the same as the Autostick, Mitsu 5spd is the same as the Chrysler 5spd, Mitsu auto is the same as the Chrysler auto)
Interior (with the exception of the rear interior trim pieces, but who messes with those?)
Wheel Specs (any wheel that fits the Eclipse will fit the Stratus/Sebring Coupe)

Things that are different:
Exterior sheet metal (that's an obvious one)
Exhaust (Stratus/Sebring has a longer exhaust system)
Radio (Eclipses got the double din spot for their fancy Infinity Stereo and we got the Chrysler din and a half)
Radio Trim (see above)
Steering Wheel (some Eclipse came with steering wheel controls for the Infinity deck, and the emblem on the wheel is different)
Storage Area (hatchback for Eclipse, trunk for Stratus/Sebring Coupes)
Wheels (just a cosmetic difference, and the LXi chrome wheels are the heaviest that Mitsu made)
Coil springs (Stratus Coupes got a sportier suspension than the Sebring Coupes. Spring rates were stiffer in favor of the Stratus, but aren't even in the league of the Eclipse, which has the stiffest springs of all three)
Struts (being a heavier car, the Stratus/Sebring Coupe had different dampening than the Eclipse)

Sebring/Stratus Coupes also didn't get the GTS engine, and we didn't get the Spyder. IMO, It would just look funny on these cars.

OK, I think that's enough for now. My head hurts...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was looking for some way to remove the ridges on a gen 3 eclipse and someone suggested stratus doors. does that mean dodge stratus doors and are they really interchangeable?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was looking for some way to remove the ridges on a gen 3 eclipse and someone suggested stratus doors. does that mean dodge stratus doors and are they really interchangeable?
Yes, Prince literally just told you this.. The doors on a stratus are exactly the same as the eclipse just without the ripples in the bottom. Literally direct bolt on, They are exactly the same.

Edit: just re-read this and wanted to mention that i didn't mean to come off as rude when I posted this. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will a auto Trans from a 03 stratus rt w/3.0 engine work in a 2001 eclipse gt w/3.0 engine ? If not what's the difference because they look the exact same to me

·
Super Moderator
4,746 Posts
Someone in the recent past (1 or 2 years) fit a Stratus dash to a 3G but from what I recall it was a lot of custom work to get everything fitting correctly.

EDIT : Here you go...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will the trunk lid and bumper cover from an 03' stratus fit on an 02'..... If so, yes I would change the tail lights as well since they are curved differently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really, everything out there performance-wise that will fit on a 3g Eclipse will fit on a Stratus/Sebring Coupe. It's the same car just a little longer, fatter, and has a trunk instead of a hatch. Now if you have a sedan, nothing fits.

Things that are the same on an Eclipse and a Stratus/Sebring Coupe:
Engine Compartment (Mitsu 2.4 is the Chrysler 2.4, Mitsu 3.0 is the Chrysler 3.0)
Brakes (all the aftermarket brakes will fit, and it really needs 'em!)
Suspension (technically it's different because it's a slightly heavier car, but all the aftermarket struts and springs are the same)
Transmission (Sportmatic is the same as the Autostick, Mitsu 5spd is the same as the Chrysler 5spd, Mitsu auto is the same as the Chrysler auto)
Interior (with the exception of the rear interior trim pieces, but who messes with those?)
Wheel Specs (any wheel that fits the Eclipse will fit the Stratus/Sebring Coupe)

Things that are different:
Exterior sheet metal (that's an obvious one)
Exhaust (Stratus/Sebring has a longer exhaust system)
Radio (Eclipses got the double din spot for their fancy Infinity Stereo and we got the Chrysler din and a half)
Radio Trim (see above)
Steering Wheel (some Eclipse came with steering wheel controls for the Infinity deck, and the emblem on the wheel is different)
Storage Area (hatchback for Eclipse, trunk for Stratus/Sebring Coupes)
Wheels (just a cosmetic difference, and the LXi chrome wheels are the heaviest that Mitsu made)
Coil springs (Stratus Coupes got a sportier suspension than the Sebring Coupes. Spring rates were stiffer in favor of the Stratus, but aren't even in the league of the Eclipse, which has the stiffest springs of all three)
Struts (being a heavier car, the Stratus/Sebring Coupe had different dampening than the Eclipse)

Sebring/Stratus Coupes also didn't get the GTS engine, and we didn't get the Spyder. IMO, It would just look funny on these cars.

OK, I think that's enough for now. My head hurts...
Sorry the post is dead and old but I just got a 2001 Stratus R/T 3.0 and some places say that the car didn’t exist and other claim it’s only a single over head cam. Mines a dual overhead cam 3.0. So what is the eclipse GTS motor?

·
1,122 Posts
Sorry the post is dead and old but I just got a 2001 Stratus R/T 3.0 and some places say that the car didn’t exist and other claim it’s only a single over head cam. Mines a dual overhead cam 3.0. So what is the eclipse GTS motor?
First, unless your car is a massive custom job, it does not have a DOHC engine. Create your own thread and post a picture if you'd like us to take a look to verify which engine you have.

Second, assuming you are mistaken, your car has the same engine as the same year eclipse which means you have an eclipse GT engine. The GT and GTS motors are slightly different. Depending on what you are trying to do, these differences may not matter.

·
Registered
593 Posts
First, unless your car is a massive custom job, it does not have a DOHC engine. Create your own thread and post a picture if you'd like us to take a look to verify which engine you have.

Second, assuming you are mistaken, your car has the same engine as the same year eclipse which means you have an eclipse GT engine. The GT and GTS motors are slightly different. Depending on what you are trying to do, these differences may not matter.
None of the Stratus/Sebrings had the GTS engine as far as I'm aware.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts