Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...new here...so please bear with me...I have 2001 Eclipse 6 cylinder 5 speed with MOON ROOF...bought from a guy 2 years ago who had it sitting in his garage with 19,200 miles completely original except for having air filter, oil filter, or oil changed...my problem is with interior lights...they only seem to work when the door is open...if I push either of the buttons on the bottom of the rear view mirror nothing happens (lights don't come on) when the doors are closed....could not find anything in owners manual...I assume there has to be a way to turn on inside lights ( while car is running) under rear view mirror if say you were driving or just stopped at night without having to open door at all..???? Any help to this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

·
"S" Car...Gooooooo
1,344 Posts
The lights on the under side of the mirror should turn on when pressing either of those buttons regardless of vehicle being on or off.

They are supplied with 12 volt+ at all times. When you open the door one wire (going to both lights) goes to ground and thus turns the lights on. When you push each respective button you are supplying ground (-) to each light individually through that switch BUT they share the same wire on the plug in the back of the mirror. Check to make sure that wire connection is intact and secure. If it is, then there is a ground wire problem further down the line to try to find.

GL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts