Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're like me, and use your car to haul a lot of stuff, then you know its hard to find shit at night, because theres only the mirror lights, so finding stuff in the back seat is almost impossible. I got tired of this and was looking at some lighting things and I found these LED light pods. I bought three of them, and stuck them on the headliner. It only took about an hour to do everything, and there was no cutting on the headliner at all, as I ran the wires through the pop rivets that were already there.
I took power from the power wire I had ran for my underglow, threw a toggle switch on the foglight switch panel(i think, its next to the steering wheel) and yay I can see at night.

And here is what it looks like during the day

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lights are from superbrightleds.com

I was studying and making them flush would be possible, but I did not want to cut into my headliner, so I just stuck them over those pop rivets.

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Well that's a clean way to do it! I always thought of the 6" tubes but no where it would look as cleanly installed. Watch where you turn on them things so you don't get a ticket!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think you can get a ticket for interior lights tho :D But I only use them when showing my friends and when finding stuff so. :D W00t

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ps the lights are really cheap.. I think they are 4 dollars each... I got 3 of them and 6 blue LED bulbs for 23.99 shipped. They have lots of colors too, I just did blue because I had white and I didnt like them.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Should have taken pictures of the install. But yeah, great idea man. BTW, anything blue, or red, is illegal if it's mounted ABOVE a certain point. The ones that shine on your feet are cool. I think if it's mounted above either the dash, or steering wheel it's illegal. Blue and red are also illegal on the outside of the car. But yeah, I gotta look into those. I hate not being able to find shit in the back.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Superbrightleds.com sells them

They double side tape up. And if that fails the wires will hold it in at the poprivert.

·
Life begins at 170
295 Posts
Great idea. Things like this make me regret getting the Spyder, though, since I can't really do anything with the "roof" of the car..

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
That's a pretty unique lighting modification. I have the same issue you have as far as finding things in the backseat while driving at night. If it wasn't for the fact that I will be getting rid of the 3G in the Spring/Summer, I would probably continue modding with this being one of those modifications.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts