Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding interior trim for the 3g Eclipse. I just bought my '01 GT Spyder and the interior is a bit tired looking. So, I'm looking for some wood interior trim.

I saw some sites that advertised Wood Trim Kits for the car, but I wasn't sure if some were better than others. I know the saying "You get what you pay for", but I was wondering if there is a site/vendor/company that y'all would recommend?

I'm not looking for an over the top over done expensive mass of pieces that are in places that are never going to be seen, mainly I just need the front portion of the car to have a cleaner look (i.e. the shifter plate, the gauge cluster, around the door handles perhaps, maybe the air vents, around the radio) and that's about it.

I don't need a kit that would put wood everyone on the above mentioned places and then add some on the seats, the floor, in the vents, on my gas cap?!, the wheels, the engine, yada yada yada... nah, just need something simple.

For the note, I am looking to keep the cost of the entire kit under $300. Under $250 would be great and under $200 would be amazing. I would be surprised for much less, but if it looks nice and will last then great!

Thanks for any help y'all can provide.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Wow, no, don't do this. Laminated "wood" sticker kits look like ass and wood grain anything in the Eclipse looks like the poo from the ass. Either take the time to sand down and paint your pieces or just replace the panels. You should be able to get them for fairly cheap by now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
o_O

Well, thank you for that, but I've seen wood trim kits and as long as you don't buy crap it looks pretty good.

If there really isn't one that people here like, then I'll just take a guess at one, but I was mainly looking for something people -did- like as opposed to not liking. I can see the point though, don't get me wrong.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
o_O

Well, thank you for that, but I've seen wood trim kits and as long as you don't buy crap it looks pretty good.

If there really isn't one that people here like, then I'll just take a guess at one, but I was mainly looking for something people -did- like as opposed to not liking. I can see the point though, don't get me wrong.
NO-ONE on this site would think: tuner + wood = good.
the shape of the interior does not look right for wood stickers.
so, no you are not going to find any recommendations from anyone on here. (if you look through the member's rides section, you will not find a single wood grain stickered interior)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NO-ONE on this site would think: tuner + wood = good.
the shape of the interior does not look right for wood stickers.
so, no you are not going to find any recommendations from anyone on here. (if you look through the member's rides section, you will not find a single wood grain stickered interior)
Fair enough. I find it interesting that everyone calls them "stickers", but fair enough.

Thanks for the note, have a nice day.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Fair enough. I find it interesting that everyone calls them "stickers", but fair enough.

Thanks for the note, have a nice day.
We don't like to sugarcoat as you can see. Well all the trim pieces are, unless they replace the actual piece, just stickers. Wood grain would look terrible in a "tuner" car. I think it looks terrible on basically any car IMO.

·
Registered
163 Posts
firstly I would like to agree with the above sentiment that wood-grains just are not quite right for this style of car, but it couldnt be more hideous than some of the things Ive seen already thus far.

having said that i have found a few for you to look at.

i do believe these kits are are replacement pieces and not stickers but there is nothing to support my belief other then slight wording. i would definately call and check first.

MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE 2000 2001 2002 WOOD DASH TRIM KIT : eBay Motors (item 180421921666 end time Apr-17-10 07:36:27 PDT)

the 2nd set has more pieces and is from the company and not ebay:

MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE Year(s) 2000-02

888-766-8751 is the number listed on the site if you want to call to make sure they are not stickers.

according to them they are suppliers to dealerships witch may be the slight wording that had me thinking they weren't stickers.

in the end you cannot go wrong with black interior, but thats my 2 cents

edit: fixed "some" typo's

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
both of those ARE stickers. that price for panels would be a steal. you would expect to pay that price for ONE small panel.

best look (IMO) is to skip the wood grain (you aren't 60 years old are you?) and take panels off, sand, smooth, then paint. it will cost less than stickers too. stickers only cover the flat parts, it is obvious it is a sticker. paint will go around the edges, and the curves and look nicer.

stickers are ricer, paint is nicer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
both of those ARE stickers. that price for panels would be a steal. you would expect to pay that price for ONE small panel.

best look (IMO) is to skip the wood grain (you aren't 60 years old are you?) and take panels off, sand, smooth, then paint. it will cost less than stickers too. stickers only cover the flat parts, it is obvious it is a sticker. paint will go around the edges, and the curves and look nicer.

stickers are ricer, paint is nicer.

@Most of the above posters: Thanks for the links. I'll look and call. I'll see what they look like and price and then decide.

@scarr: No, I'm not 60... as for "stickers are ricer, paint is nicer." wow, that's a horribly narrow minded statement. Ricer is a term used mostly towards people who modify their cars in an attempt (very often a failed attempt) to make their car go (or just look) faster. Huge exhaust tips (paint can, fart can), crapped out headlights that try to mimic Audis, "Altezza" tail lights on a car that has no similar styling anywhere else on the car, stickers on the car that try to suggest modifications (Injen, AEM, V-TECH, yada yada yada), body kits that are either not painted and/or not installed correctly...

So, unless there's been some misunderstanding as to what I'm doing, I would appreciate it if you 1. Get your terms correct, 2. Stop posting non-constructive crap, 3. Stop trying to act like there is nothing better than paint.

I've seen some paint jobs on cars and they can look nice... and I've seen -MANY- paint jobs on this forum for this car that look like absolute garbage. Lime green interiors, sky blue on some of the interiors with stock black left on the rest, faded yellow, fire engine red... all absolute garbage and would look more like a ricer than something like wood on some of the panels that works well with the tan leather interior.

There's more to styling than just painting something. I understand where you come from not liking the wood grain yourself, but I was not asking for your opinion and quite frankly I really don't care. Grow up dude, get a life... don't just call everything that you don't enjoy ricer, it makes you look pathetic.

So, thank you to those that posted the link and attempted to find something. I appreciate it. Apologies for the flame on scarr. Can't say I've really enjoyed my time on the forum, but I appreciate the help. See y'all later, this forum isn't helping very much at all, so I suppose I'll do just like I've done for the rest of my cars and work on it solo.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
that may be what YOU feel ricer is, but in truth ricer is "faking the funk"
fake things. such as yes: huge fart cans, and the like, but it also the other fake stuff. wood grain interior made of REAL wood is not ricer, but getting some stickers for your interior, whether it be fake carbon fiber, or fake aluminum, or fake wood, is still just that: FAKE. fake is rice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hi there, Sir!

This is Doc Kevin's wife, and, before we continue on with this argument, I just want to say thank you for everyone's opinions and the websites that were provided.

@Scar: Alrighty, well, continuing on, I would like to say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which I can respect. But there is a boundary of enforcing your opinion like a ridiculous "fake is rice", which I am Asian, and happen to love rice! It's not that fake is better, but it's our personal preference as to what we would like, and we're not working on your car. It's our project, our money, and we'll suffer the consequence if there is any to be had. There's no need to act like a little kid pounding on the door, saying "Mommy, mommy! There's something wrong! There's something wrong with the toilet!"

Which you kind of are doing.

But still, I understand where you are coming from, and for that, thank you for the warning. But you have dispensed your warning multiple times, has been received, and it still hasn't deferred our mind from this goal. We like the wood look, not looking for a sportier version of it, and don't like to paint things down.

So once more, thank you for your time and everyone else's, and especially to the guy that took his time to find us links, even with his own opinion being that.

Now have a good day! :D And stop pounding on our door, like a little kid, Scarr. ^-^

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
i think you need to read what was posted:

the first time, i mentioned that wood grain would (no matter if it is real or not) look bad.
the second was that stickers would look bad, and there is no good place to buy stickers for our cars, that do not look like stickers, just stuck on the panels.
and third post is just explaining what "rice is"
nowhere have i mentioned my opinion more than once.

who cares if you are asian or not? what does that have to do with anything, you confusing terms. "rice" as i used it has nothing to do with food, or ethnicity.

you are asking a forum about a product that none of the members have. why would you think anyone would be able to recommend something that no-one has? i have done a vinyl kit before.

due to the shape of the interior (all convex surfaces with rounded edges) it did not last. that is how our cars are shaped too. so go with cheapest stickers you can find, so you can save money for when you have to replace them down the road.

·
FearIsTheMindKiller
3,936 Posts
Wow, no, don't do this. Laminated "wood" sticker kits look like ass and wood grain anything in the Eclipse looks like the poo from the ass. Either take the time to sand down and paint your pieces or just replace the panels. You should be able to get them for fairly cheap by now.
If you don't wanna take the time to sand and paint them or because painting them is rice just do what I did. Get your interior pieces wrapped in some nice material, I chose suede.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
OP, you posted a question on an open forum. Regardless of whether you ask for opinions, you will get them. If you disagree with them, that's fine. But get off your soap box. We all know what rice means, we drive imports.

Lastly, it's your car, do whatever you want, although you were warned, as you've already acknowledged.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i think you need to read what was posted:

the first time, i mentioned that wood grain would (no matter if it is real or not) look bad.
the second was that stickers would look bad, and there is no good place to buy stickers for our cars, that do not look like stickers, just stuck on the panels.
and third post is just explaining what "rice is"
nowhere have i mentioned my opinion more than once.

who cares if you are asian or not? what does that have to do with anything, you confusing terms. "rice" as i used it has nothing to do with food, or ethnicity.

you are asking a forum about a product that none of the members have. why would you think anyone would be able to recommend something that no-one has? i have done a vinyl kit before.

due to the shape of the interior (all convex surfaces with rounded edges) it did not last. that is how our cars are shaped too. so go with cheapest stickers you can find, so you can save money for when you have to replace them down the road.
She was making a joke because of how childish it is. Is it impossible for you to have anything nice to say? I know that's an age old saying, but you've obviously missed it somewhere.

@aaronsspyder: It's not a soap box, it's a request for people to be civil to a person simply asking a question. Your post in here was nothing except to tell me to get off my "soap box"... you're not doing much better.

So, goodbye. This forum (thus far) is nothing except stupidity and racer boys.

Since y'all don't want to be civil, I won't be civil. I'll get off my soap box when y'all get off yours. You're welcome to post your opinion, but it makes you no better than the brake dust on a worn out rotor.

To all of y'all that were simply here to be stupid, here ya go.

:fawk:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts