Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ECLIPTO
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an ivader hood but it doesnt fit right. It dont close securly around the fender and headlights. Does anybody know if I have to cut some stuff from the underside to make it fit better.

does any body have any suggestion to make my hood fit better??

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Adjust the height of the rubber stoppers around the sides. (If you look in your engine bay, you will see what I'm referring to). One is above each headlight and on on each side of it as well.

Also, you MAY have to adjust your hood latch position as well.

·
Registered
218 Posts
on the stock hood that matting is to protect the paint on the hood from the heat of the engine. it could be for something else to but that is what i've been told. i would imagine it would be a good idea to put it on your new hood just to be safe.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
on the stock hood that matting is to protect the paint on the hood from the heat of the engine. it could be for something else to but that is what i've been told. i would imagine it would be a good idea to put it on your new hood just to be safe.
You don't use the material from the OEM hood.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The under hood mat is also a fire "extinguisher" of sorts. In the event of an under hood fire, the plastic "clips" that hold it on melt, and the mat is supposed to suffocate the fire...or at least lessen the effects of it...:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
I had to cut out sections of the underside on my VIS CF hood because it wasn't fitting over the strut towers...just check where it is hitting, and adjust/cut accordingly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts